Full Stack Developer – 3B/SAS
Edelman – Digital /
Fixed Term Contract
Edelman is looking for a dynamic and innovative Full Stack Developer for the Canadian Digital team working within the Experiences practice. Someone who wants to help us make the kinds of ideas that the internet loves, push technology boundaries, impact how people engage with brands, and who has a life-long thirst for learning and development.
This role focuses on developing concepts to bring these new ideas to life across a number of platforms, technologies and devices. This role will further enhance the team’s ability to drive new business, educate internally and externally the value of emerging technologies and further enhance our presence in showcasing Edelman as innovative thought-leaders.
Experiences Canada is forward-thinking multi-experience practice focusing on the development of customer-centric experiences that provide effective interactions across all digital touchpoints.
We know you’re thinking, “isn’t Edelman a PR company?”
Sure, public relations is part of who we are, but in recent years we’ve changed. Edelman is a next generation agency where you have the freedom to do great innovative work and achieve professional fulfillment. Today, we have a strong creative team, outstanding planning capabilities, deep data expertise, and an outstanding digital team that is looking to take communications to the next step.
Why Choose Edelman for the Next Stage of Your Career?
- Work with some of the largest companies in Canada and impact their business daily.
- We have a simple goal – to be so good at our craft, that no one can ignore us. Join a team that is eager to change the digital marketing landscape in Canada.
- Opportunity to interact with the best and brightest digital marketers in Canada and across the Edelman global network.
- Get the opportunity to learn something new every day with our focus on learning and development.
- Join a team where we live our values, show up as our authentic selves, and truly believe that culture eats strategy for breakfast (h/t to the great P. Drucker)
- Play a lead role in building what the future of digital marketing looks like with the freedom to constantly innovate and try new things.
- The opportunity to create and deliver the next generation of the digital ecosystem, one that is focused on Connected ecosystems, Emerging technology, and Web3.
- People who work in digital love it because it changes all the time. There is a new challenge and opportunity around every corner. If you are ready to live this every day, join us 😊.
- This role encourages curiosity and constant evolution. Projects are varied in nature you will be involved from ideation to delivery to maintenance. Typical responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day development, communicate with development and UX/UI teams, review code, test and deploy applications
- Understand technical and business project requirements
- Build interactive LAMP and Jamstack applications using a combination of open source frameworks and APIs, most notably WordPress and other open source content management systems.
- Provide maintenance for several existing applications including fixes and enhancements
- Task Estimation for maintenance and new projects
- Definition of technical specifications for project execution
- Research on new and emerging technologies (social media platforms, mobile ...)
- Contribution to dev standards, approaches, and workflow for the team
- Manage time and establish priorities while maintaining flexibility to respond to changing
What you'll bring:
- A sharp eye for layout consistency for format, and amazing attention to detail; you will excel at visual storytelling, and design of content.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in an agency consulting environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying web applications
- Excellent skills in Object-oriented PHP and MySQL
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with GIT in a node/npm-based development workflow
- Experience integrating open-source Content Management Systems, ideally WordPress
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs (Salesforce, Google, and Twitter ...)
- Interest in or experience with modern JS frameworks e.g. React or Vue a plus
- Figma / Sketch / Adobe CS fluency
- Ability to work remotely with teams
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and work in a high-pressure environment
- Detail-oriented, creative, open to ideas and able to work under pressure
- Strong methodology
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.