Executive Director and Head of Corporate Health Communications, UK (Client Facing)
Edelman – Corporate /
Edelman UK is a global communications agency with a team of brand, reputation, research, and digital strategists who drive award-winning creative communication programs. We have deep expertise and advise on consumer trends, research, analytics and insights, purpose, corporate reputation, health, technology, capital markets, crisis, energy, and government affairs.
In order to continue to grow and deliver at a pace, we have recently changed the way we do things. In a new team structure, we are looking to appoint a Head of Corporate Health for the UK.
The role will focus on two key growth areas – firstly, corporate reputation with clients with a health background, and secondly, focused on companies who need to communicate about health and wellbeing to their employees through corporate storytelling. In some cases, the clients may hold “Corporate and Public Affairs” remits, in which case there may be a policy or Government Affairs element involved. Having some experience or expertise in this arena would be helpful, but not essential.
Reporting to both the Managing Director of Health and the Managing Director of Corporate, you will partner with our integrated solutions business and the wider Edelman global network to own and build this huge growth opportunity for the business which to date has remained relatively untapped. This role will be part of the Corporate leadership team but with the ability to work across the Edelman network to put blended teams together particularly with Health to create a Corporate Health offering for Edelman.
We are looking for an individual who understands the health industry and is connected to the movers and shakers within the media, marketing, communications, and health worlds. This role will suit someone who is recognized by peers as a thought leader and key industry player who wants the opportunity to build a business and team from scratch with huge long-term growth opportunities.
More about what you’ll do:
- Develop pragmatic corporate health strategies, aligned with organizational strategies, defining the future state and articulating the steps required to achieve the future state
- Work with a range of client stakeholders and serve as a subject matter expert within client organizations and by colleagues, developing and maintaining deep industry knowledge
- Work with clients to help identify and design high-value corporate health solutions
- Articulate case for change, identify the options available to achieve the corporate health ambitions, and outline the associated costs and benefits
- Lead client projects by managing client relationships, developing the scope and engagement plan, managing team members and financials, and overseeing the production of high-quality deliverables
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and work closely with other internal colleagues to help clients solve complex issues
- Develop and manage senior-level client and stakeholder relationships
- Collaborate with Edelman and Industry leaders to research, synthesize define, and publish eminence in the corporate health space
- Think creatively, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo to effectively deliver on ambitious requirements
- Minimum of 12 years relevant work experience in strategic corporate communications and public relations in a client service setting
- Have a demonstrated history of scaling teams and driving increases in revenue, including evidence of strategic evolution of client briefs/digital transformation
- Possess deep knowledge of the health and pharmaceutical industry and associated regulations such as ABPI, EFPIA
- Have a working knowledge of the health policy environment at global, regional, or local level
- Experience working with at least 1 of the top 20 global health or pharmaceutical companies at a global or regional level
- Proven experience providing strategic counsel to senior buyers/stakeholders, demonstrating strategic partnerships with clients
- Have a track record of winning new business pitches
- Have served in a senior position long enough to demonstrate growth of revenue and team as a result of your leadership
- Are a lateral thinker experienced in developing award-winning work for global clients that create engagement and talkability amongst key audiences
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire and unite teams behind a central concept, with experience of successfully selling in those concepts to clients and seeing them through to execution
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing senior-level client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.