Senior Director, Influencer Marketing Strategy
New York /
United Entertainment Group – Digital /
UEG is an award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing. We create breakthrough marketing by leveraging the people, places and platforms that shape pop culture. Our suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-sports partnerships, communications, branded content and experiential.
The team at UEG is a dynamic group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across entertainment, sports and lifestyle, paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications. This is a work hard, play hard environment where a true passion for culture are married with the desire to create business changing work for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Director, Influencer Marketing Strategy with a data-driven creative mindset to lead efforts across a few integrated accounts with experience working on high-profile influencer campaigns, across interagency teams and they need to have a strong understanding of insights, audience, editorial strategy, and campaign development.
The ideal candidate will exhibit superior interagency collaboration skills and digital strategy expertise and have an unflappable affect and positive demeanor in high-pressure situations. Additionally, they need to have a strong eye for what pops in social and how to make an impact in culture while working across clients within the pharmaceutical, tech, and food/beverage spaces.
- Strong understanding of social media marketing strategy and the entire social marketing mix – paid, organic, owned and earned
- Oversee and manage complex influencer and social media programs and productions, from planning to development to execution to evaluation
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships across DJE and its ecosystem of agencies, and serve as a trusted, strategic advisor to DJE’s clients and leaders alike
- Function as day-to-day client contact at times, using excellent communication and organizational skills
- Counsel clients on strategic business opportunities, providing strong recommendations on project and partnership priorities
- Lead and collaborate with a team of specialists across production, creative, analytics, influencer, planning and experiential disciplines
- Lead efforts with external social partners, vendors, and 3rd party platforms to execute against a diverse set of high-priority social initiatives
- Support the team in Ad hoc pulls and data analysis as-needed to support brand and new business teams
- Exceptional data storyteller with outstanding presentation skills and a marketing mindset, able to distill complex data sets into tangible and actionable insights
- Display strong presentation skills internally and with clients and internal leadership of all levels
- Sharp understanding and point of view on social media trends. Follows leading blogs, thought leaders and stays abreast of the latest content, product and marketing trends in social
- Early adopter of new and emerging social media platforms – passionate about both being a user/consumer of social content as well as analyst/strategist
- Monitor social algorithm changes and recommend course of action
- Evaluate new social platforms and calculate ROI
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals;
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with UEG’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The Influencer Strategist must have at least 6 – 8 years of relevant experience in social marketing, and/or related fields including content, advertising, and consulting.
- Experience in food, beverage, tech and pharma a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work across interagency teams to produce compelling, cohesive, and culturally relevant talent campaigns
- Proven ability to manage large projects—often two or more simultaneously—under extremely tight timelines
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects where client expectations and deliverables may be unclear and/or change at a moment’s notice
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and stay calm, positive, and productive in high-pressure situations
- A deep understanding of the role that social and digital media plays in client’s communication mix, and working back from that to develop programs that meet business needs
- Experience leading accounts focused on content strategy and content production, with an emphasis on social media channels
- Someone who has a concrete history of taking visible action to provide high-quality, strategic creative outcomes and customer service to clients
- Expertise in digital media influencer engagement across platforms
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of great leadership and coaching abilities
- Sound business acumen; ability to think and negotiate strategically f
- Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead and develop a great team of passionate digital marketers
PAY RANGE: $85,000 - $138,000/year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
United Entertainment Group is a global entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing agency and part of the DJE Holdings network. UEG creates breakthrough marketing with the people, properties and platforms that shape culture, and has been recognized with industry awards including Cannes Lions, Clios, OneShow, Sabre Awards, Tellys, and more. UEG, founded in 2007, is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hamburg and Tokyo and works with FORTUNE 500 companies, celebrities, athletes and leading media properties. For more information visit http://www.uegworldwide.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
United Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.