Account Executive, Brand (Fashion)
Edelman – Brand /
Edelman Brand has helped evolve, promote, and protect some of the world’s most iconic and celebrated brands. We aspire to do work that moves people – work that inspires people to not only “buy in” to brands, but also buy. We thrive off the energy, heart, and hustle of the city around us and apply that same passion to everything we do. From cars to consumer goods, fashion and retail, financial service, food and beverage, luxury, and technology – we are fanatics about finding an insight or truth that will inform smart strategy, breakthrough creative, and brilliant programming. Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm, with more than 5,500 employees in 65 cities worldwide. Our independence keeps us nimble, thoughtful, and resourceful, allowing us to invest in the best people in the business.
This role is focused on a national fashion/home/lifestyle/beauty retail client. We are looking for a dynamic Account Executive (AE) to support multiple workstreams, working with a passionate team on best-in-class work.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Learn and understand your client’s business, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers, and competitors in the marketplace
- Play a meaningful role in client service, spanning account management, media relations, content creation, research, planning and more
- Support reactive and proactive media relations projects
- Take a key role in developing earned media strategies and create media materials to support client campaigns across product and brand equity work – including but not limited to key messages, pitches, fact sheets, media lists and press releases
- Learn about Edelman’s various capabilities and contribute ideas about how to improve them and develop new capabilities
- Provide cross-team support including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media and competitor coverage, coordinating press tour pitching, scheduling, and logistics
- Help plan and develop comprehensive communications plans and implement public relations tactics to meet client objectives
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion working closely with team members
- Demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, and an interest in creative problem-solving
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Demonstrate an understanding of research techniques, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation (volume and tone), and identification and categorization of various stakeholders, including organizations and individuals to be engaged by clients
- Participate in cross-practice and cross-geographical integrated teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling team and proposal
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your technical and leadership skills
- Set and pursue challenging stretch goals for yourself
- Demonstrate being a detail-oriented communicator with an energetic presence and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking for someone who is media savvy, collaborative, hungry to learn and try/recommend new tactics
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used to achieve client goals
- Strong research, writing and editing skills and the ability to develop media contacts/relationships
- Fundamental understanding of media outreach assignments and the ability to apply experience and initiative in developing appropriate traditional and online media strategies
- Previous agency experience
- Proactive self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills, along with the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines
$42,000 - $62,000 a year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.