Business Development Manager - Arabic Speaker (Abu Dhabi)
Edelman – Resource Management /
Edelman UAE has an immediate opening for an experienced Business Development Manager to work with the Operations Team due to company growth.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the new business process to ensure integration across teams in developing responses to new business requests and RFPs. Together with the Head of Operations, they will be responsible for leading all new business efforts to secure new clients and organically grow existing clients.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the role will work closely across the agency with the senior leadership team as well as account management and the global new business team as required.
- Representing Edelman as the first point of contact for prospective clients; understanding their needs and objectives and presenting this back to the senior team.
- Managing and completing detailed prospective Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Procurement (RFP).
- Supporting the refinement and roll-out of the agency new business development process. Managing the lead capture process, qualifying and prioritizing opportunities.
- Tracking agency wins and losses and review performance, conversion rate and costs.
- Building solid relationships with procurement, vendors and distributors, as well as communications teams.
- May be required to shape, manage and train in the new business process.
- Ensuring that there is no conflict of interest in working with a potential client.
- Working with the teams and finance to ensure all budgets are in line with scopes of work and realistic based on market and company knowledge.
- Partnering with the marketing lead on all efforts relating to events, awards and case studies.
- Partnering with the resourcing and senior leadership team on all efforts relating to staffing projects, new wins and existing client remits.
- At least 7 years’ experience within an agency environment – Middle East experience in a hybrid communications and operations role would be a bonus.
- Advanced written and spoken English, as well as Arabic is necessary
- Proven business development experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, namely Powerpoint and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic thinker.
- Detail-oriented, process-driven and persuasive.
- Strong influencing ability and gravitas for internal and external engagement.
- Experience managing finances, including budget development.
- Team player who is focused on developing a collaborative work ethic within account teams and is committed to ensuring an excellent work environment.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.