Vice President Health, Edelman Global Advisory
Edelman – Global Advisory /
Do you want to be part of a team developing sophisticated public affairs strategies for clients in the field of health and life sciences?
Do you have between five and eight years of experience in health policy, and are you interested in developing your career in European healthcare public affairs?
If so, read-on to see if you’d be a good fit for our team!
The Health Team at Edelman Global Advisory (EGA) Brussels is looking for a talented public affairs professional with extensive experience in healthcare public affairs/government affairs.
Ideally, you’ll have experience working in an EU institution, in the private sector, a consultancy, not-for-profit organisations, or national government. The successful candidate will work with our exciting health clients, as well as support us to develop new business opportunities. We’re looking for someone with excellent communication and writing skills, an eye for detail, a passion for healthcare, and who thrives on using creative public affairs strategies to solve complex policy problems.
Following the global recovery from the pandemic, and with a number of critical health policy proposals still on the table, it is THE BEST time to work in EU healthcare public affairs. Join us on our mission to shape legislative initiatives, build reputations, manage issues, and align strategies for our clients.
The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed. However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A focus on EU health policy, engagement, and advisory programmes for clients;
- Providing strategic counsel to clients on relevant health policy challenges and opportunities, and coordinating teams to deliver public affairs strategies;
- Leading client accounts, and management of junior colleagues;
- Review of research and analysis on various health policy issues, including briefings, reports, updates, and other forms of client council prepared by the team;
- Identifying and leading areas of both organic and new business development, proposals, and practice growth;
- Exhibiting excellent project management skills, including oversight and coordination of project and account management, including budget and resources management;
- Coordinating the organisation and preparation of materials for meetings, events, or other client / stakeholder / media engagement activities with support from junior colleagues;
- Coordinating campaign and event planning, logistics, and management with support from junior colleagues;
- Supporting the Managing Director, as needed, in leadership activities and coordination with other offices/teams within the EGA network
Qualifications and requirements:
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required;
- Eight years of experience: In an EU institution, in the private sector, a consultancy, not-for-profit organisation, a national government administration (or a combination of any of the above);
- Excellent knowledge of EU decision making processes and its stakeholders – previous experience working in the EU institutions and / or Executive Agencies (including internships) is a specific plus;
- University degree in political science, public affairs, international relations, health / health policy, law, or another relevant field;
- Excellent analytical and written skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – a positive, reflective approach with a self-learning attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
- Ability to manage and lead small teams, including nurturing professional development;
- Excellent account / project management skills;
- Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative and ownership of an assignment, and ability to network;
- Capability to work effectively in a varied environment and within small dynamic teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), additional IT skills are a plus;
- Curiosity in how health systems and policymaking processes work.
- You must also have existing permission or a right to work in Belgium.
What we offer:
At EGA, we believe that diversity of all types – gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, experience, and more – enriches our work culture. We promote and enhance a diverse, equitable, respectful, and culturally curious workplace that drives innovative thinking, cultivates diverse ideas and fosters collaboration among our people, clients, and partners. We want to make sure that newcomers and existing employees see EGA as a place where they can work, develop, and advance their careers. For our colleagues to be able to bring all of who they are to the table. Furthermore, we offer:
- A full-time position
- Mentorship and training
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Access to the global EGA / Edelman network – 65 offices across the globe
- A comfortable office and central location in a hybrid working model
EGA helps clients navigate evolving geopolitics, build trust, and achieve business success. We are executives, former diplomats, regulatory wonks, and industry experts. We’ve previously worked in all levels of government around the world, so we know how to demystify government systems and processes for our clients. We design innovative strategies, we build trusted partnerships, and we get things done.
We are a startup within a global communications firm. Our nimble advisory team works fluidly across every key market, while leveraging the trusted expertise of Edelman's 6,000 colleagues worldwide. We are the new guard—entrepreneurs with fresh insights and tailored strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
We start with strategy guided by our best-in-class public affairs and government relations teams. Then we integrate Edelman’s unparalleled suite of services—public relations, communications, marketing and digital advocacy and more—to earn the trust of our client’s stakeholders. All in one seamless package.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.