Head of Digital - UK
Edelman – Digital /
Edelman is a global communications firm built for a digital world. With the benefit of a history in building trust and earning attention through communications, our teams help clients create direct and impactful audience connections and tell magnetic stories that move at the speed of social, transform culture and spark movements. Some of our most recent and most awarded projects across the Edelman network are the Cannes Grand Prix winning Eternal Run (ASICS), Buy Back Friday (IKEA), Wildlife Watch (Samsung) and Dreams Within (Microsoft Xbox).
For 70 years, we make people care through the power of earned creative, Edelman’s unique approach to developing surprising and purposeful content that earns hearts and minds.
In our new, digital-first approach, we believe that digital offers an exciting opportunity to connect with people. Our approach and ideas allow brands to reach beyond the screen to inspire action. The stories we tell are always designed to move people to act, to share, to see things differently, to spread the word, to fall back in love with a brand, and ultimately, to buy.
To help this vision go to market, Edelman is looking for a daring, innovative and transformative Head of Digital for the UK market to grow our Digital business for corporates and brands.
What are your tasks & responsibilities?
- Establish the vision for Edelman Digital in the UK with a focus on brand and corporate across sectors such as technology, retail, consumer goods, food & beverage, finance and sustainability:
- Establish concepts across connected stories, experiences and digital advisory to our clients in the UK market and for UK audiences; create award winning integrated campaigns together with strategy, creative and data intelligence teams
- Grow the UK market business profitably, based on customer needs and market insights; Propel our Social first offering in content, strategy, and with creative
- Oversee and align our digital operations to ensure we consistently deliver results that our clients value
- Build agency capabilities in line with digital vision, business plan, and operational realities
- Identify, pursue and win business with new and existing clients; on local and regional level
- Serve as senior client counselor and relationship manager together with Account and Client Leads
- Contribute to business growth by championing internal capabilities, building a network of industry contacts with clients and participating in relevant professional organizations
- Maintain relationships with senior-level client contacts and internal contacts
- Partner with colleagues and teams across practices and sectors for the benefit of Edelman clients
- Drive collaboration and integration into our EMEA regional approach, partner with the Head of Digital EMEA and other local market leaders on elevating the Digital practice, integration and quality of work. Mentor and develop a team of curious digital experts in their discipline and grow them in bringing value to our clients
- Have outstanding writing and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Mentor, coach and support team members ensuring a constant development of their skills
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to staff, supervising several team members, and ensuring the team's success by managing work quality and productivity levels; ensure high connectivity and visibility of the team in the UK and into EMEA
- Consistently hold self and staff accountable for behavior and performance from a DEI mindset and practice;
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
- Extensive experience in digital; agency or client side in a leadership role and digital area. You have managed a digital team, agency or digital business in an integrated set-up and in a key leadership role
- Background from a Social agency or Social platform is a must; platform relationships are a plus
- Strong earned mindset, portfolio and experience in state of the art digital consumer brand communications as well as corporate/B2B; strong digital social/content marketing experience; experience with influencer and content creation work
- Proactive, innovative leader who can identify business opportunities on new and existing clients; constantly keeping themselves up to date with digital trends, developments, industry moves
- · Excellent client management, presentation and communication skills to drive relationships, proposals and project work
- · Experience in working with internal studio and content operations; expertise with identifying, vetting and handling external digital vendors
- · Local market experience is a must, international footprint / expertise on regional clients is a plus
- · You are an engaged, strategic mind, creative thinker – business builder (lead and create pitched, proactive work, uncover and develop opportunities);
- · You have P&L management experience and are able to provide business cases, forecasts and plans
- · Strong networker, collaborative leader, having worked in big matrix organizations, fast and agile environment; mindset of working hand in hand with our client leads, strategy leads
- · You are responsible for team management, resourcing and talent vision – plan based on business growth.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.