Director, Talent & Influencers
New York /
United Entertainment Group – Brand /
This role is open to be based from: New York, NY; Los Angeles, LA
UEG is an award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing. We create breakthrough marketing by leveraging the people, places and platforms that shape pop culture. Our suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-sports partnerships, communications, branded content and experiential.
The team at UEG is a dynamic group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across entertainment, sports and lifestyle, paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications. This is a work hard, play hard environment where a true passion for culture are married with the desire to create business changing work for our clients.
We are searching for a culture-hungry individual who believes in the power of talent and influencer to drive authentic brand-building work for a major player in the Spirits category. We don’t believe in transactional relationships and therefore need a candidate who understands the art and science of landing the right voice/s for any one of the 20 brands we oversee at UEG. This work is fast paced and demands a leader who has a strong POV of the space and is ahead of the trends.
A candidate must have relevant experience in the influencer marketing space, a passion for pop-culture and its infusion into the consumer brand ecosphere.
This role will report directly into the VP of Talent & Influencer for the brand portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversite of all influencer relationships and campaigns for 5-6 brands within the Client portfolio inclusive of the full life cycle of the program (research, procurement, deal development, management of execution & measurement).
- Day-to-day management of 4-10 campaigns in markets at a time (in partnership with Account team and Influencer Manager), ensuring a high quality of work output across all deliverables while adhering to deadlines and budget parameters.
- Participation in the development of program/campaign ideas in the influencer space inclusive of content creative, influencer usage or earned opportunities.
- In partnership with social strategy team, development of brand influencer strategies and approach specifically around size and scale, archetype, and channel priorities.
- Research, identification, and negotiation for all influencers.
- Management of junior team member to review, manage and track all influencer content deliverables for campaigns.
- Ownership and creation of all influencer contracts with a strong knowledge in Federal Trade Commission guidelines (FTC) and standard deals.
- Management of existing relationships within the digital influencer community (MCN’s, Talent Agencies, Content Creators, Media Platforms, etc.)
- Serve as a subject matter expert proactively bringing thought leadership and trends both to the agency team and to Client partners.
- Oversite (in partnership with measurement team) of proprietary dashboard and data base to track and measure all campaigns.
- Ongoing business development and growth within the portfolio based on key client relationships, opportunistic pitches, ideation and overall quality/health of the business.
- Team management including the personal development of 1+ direct reports via career pathing, goal setting and ongoing mentorship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college/university.
- At least 5+ years of experience relevant to the role and industry with strong work examples and references.
- A deep knowledge of influencer marketing including pricing and valuation, term development and platform performance.
- Strong, proven industry contacts and relationships with agents, reps, managers and lawyers a mandatory.
- An understanding of brand marketing and the role influencer plays in the overall channel strategy for a brand.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams.
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in agency talent to produce great work for clients.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to deliver quality recommendations
PAY RANGE: $65,000 - $94,000
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
United Entertainment Group is a global entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing agency and part of the DJE Holdings network. UEG creates breakthrough marketing with the people, properties and platforms that shape culture, and has been recognized with industry awards including Cannes Lions, Clios, OneShow, Sabre Awards, Tellys, and more. UEG, founded in 2007, is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hamburg and Tokyo and works with FORTUNE 500 companies, celebrities, athletes and leading media properties. For more information visit http://www.uegworldwide.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
United Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.