Senior Account Executive, B2B and Corporate
Edelman – B2B /
Edelman Business Marketing continues to grow, and is looking for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) who is interested in working with business-to-business (B2B) clients, primarily in the food and beverage space.
We’re seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to push our thinking, share fresh, innovative ideas, and elevate the quality of counsel we deliver for our clients. You can collaborate with colleagues nationwide and globally and will be part of our Chicago-based team.
As an SAE, you will be part of integrated teams working with major players in the food and ag space as well as other industries. Your work will cover a variety of communications disciplines, including executive positioning, integrated content, paid media, earned media and more. This role also offers the opportunity to collaborate with talented B2B, corporate storytellers and communications professionals across Edelman’s global network.
More about what you'll do:
- Development and execution of corporate communications strategies meant to enhance client reputation, including thought leadership, executive positioning, and issues identification and management
- Support day-to-day account management and serve as a point of contact internally and, at times, for clients, addressing issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Work with multiple internal team members to ensure timeliness and completion of ongoing projects; ability to project manage multiple workstreams in an organized and efficient manner.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Ability to track and manage ongoing reporting requests, including working with internal Data & Intelligence team to ensure reporting is accurate.
- Work on executive positioning-focused projects, including event research and coordination; developing messaging/themes; and facilitating client/event organizer communication
- Contribute to strategic earned media planning and help team execute against those plans
- Contribute to social paid media planning and help team execute inclusive of research, content collection and copywriting.
- Write in multiple voices and produce clear, persuasive, content, including messaging, event submissions and more to help tell client stories
- Contribute to business development, including new business and organic growth with existing clients
- Coordinate with other specialists (e.g., paid media, design, crisis) as needed to meet client goals
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills
- At least 3+ years of relevant full-time experience and a strong understanding of and demonstrated experience in strategic communications or public relations.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in executive visibility-related projects
- The commitment to be immediately responsive to client feedback and incorporate into course corrections where appropriate
- Positive attitude and desire to work as part of a high-performing, extremely collaborative team
- Strong organizational, scheduling, and time/project management skills; the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage large projects and small teams on one or more sizable accounts
- A comprehensive understanding of clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc., and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit work of others
- Familiar with best practice integrated communications marketing tactics and tools and will be able to recommend them to their clients
$52,000 - $77,000 a year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.