Senior Account Manager/ Manager, Financial Services
Edelman – Corporate /
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, Earned Media and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in ever new ways. You will be challenged to push convention and your creativity to find modern ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially charged, digital environment.
Your role involves managing day-to-day account work across our regional tech client portfolio and providing support to the senior team, as well as junior members. The successful candidate will have frequent interaction with our clients and will work closely with the UK office, providing counsel on tactical implementation of regional plans and strategies.
You may also be the primary lead on some accounts within the team and will have the opportunity to grow your own portfolio by working with some of the world’s leading technology brands.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Account management, including leading clients and internal meetings.
- Manage tight deadlines and process client requests in a timely manner.
- Proposal writing and review, content development and research.
- Account monitoring, reporting and analysis.
- Manage medium- to large sized projects across account programs, including the management of suppliers.
- Client counsel, both tactical implementation and general day-to-day contact.
- Assist in developing and preparing new business proposals and presentations.
- Lead tech product review programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4+ years of PR & Communications experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- Technology experience is highly desirable for the role. If not, the candidate must be able to demonstrate a passion for technology and strong sector knowledge.
- Previous client facing experience, including providing tactical counsel.
- Strong UAE media relations with English and Arabic media outlets.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective time management, and demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst managing multiple accounts.
- Experience guiding junior employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including skills in negotiation and obtaining cooperation.
- Strong content development skills, and experience drafting press releases, media alerts, bylined articles, features etc.
- Arabic speaking is a MUST.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to shape your future and work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the PR industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- Big potential for personal growth, training, and further development of skills
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.