Account Director - Edelman Smithfield
Edelman – Financial Communications /
Edelman Smithfield is our specialist capital markets and financial services communications team based in London. As part of Edelman's global financial communications and investor relations offering, we apply our expertise in financial markets to support our clients' engagement with stakeholders on the issues that matter to them.
We are looking for a talented consultant to join our growing financial communications team as an Account Director.
The primary role of an Account Director is to undertake the day-to-day account work for clients, be fully involved in developing strategy for the client, be proactive in suggesting initiatives to add value, and be able to provide advice and opinion where appropriate. The Account Director should also take an active role in new business pitches and networking for new business leads and support junior colleagues' training and mentoring.
- Managing the day-to-day account work of clients, including sourcing opportunities, drafting materials and ensuring that work is delivered in a timely manner
- Developing messaging, press releases, Q&A and other communication collateral
- Working with colleagues to manage transactions, including liaising with bankers, lawyers and client teams
- Efficiently and effectively managing logistics around results days, announcements and events
- Developing and leading engagement programmes with media, bankers, analysts and other third-party stakeholders
- Sourcing and securing media and event opportunities for clients
- Significant financial communications agency experience encompassing listed company and transaction advisory
- Excellent written, numerical and analytical skills
- A demonstrable interest in and knowledge of business and current affairs, well versed in the daily business and general news agenda
- An extensive understanding of financial information and the ability to communicate financial data to a variety of audiences
- The ability to own and manage client, internal and third-party stakeholder relationships at multiple levels
- Organised, able to prioritise effectively, deliver to deadline and perform under pressure
- Takes personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to make sound and balanced judgments on available information
- Has a developed knowledge of how the media works, key players, keeping up to date, and an established journalist network
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.