Account Director, Integrated – APAC
United Entertainment Group – Brand /
UEG is an award-winning global agency specialising in Entertainment, Sports and Lifestyle marketing. We create breakthrough marketing partnering brands with the people, places and platforms that shape popular culture.
Our suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-partnerships, communications, licensing, branded content and experiential. UEG has recently expanded into APAC, with teams across Australia and China bringing together best-in-class expertise paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications.
We are a ‘work hard, play hard’ team where we combine true passion for culture with the innate desire to create industry-changing work for our clients. With a start-up mentality, backed by PR giant Edelman and big plans for growth across 15 markets within APAC, UEG is looking to expand its team after a series of client wins and growth of our key accounts.
We are looking for a Sydney based culture-hungry Account Director, Integrated who wants to make an immediate impact and play a foundational role in our team. Reporting to the Client Services Director, this role requires strong account management skills and the ability to deliver innovative thinking, author strategic decks, troubleshoot client and team issues. Additionally, the role requires oversight of financial health of each client program, monitoring team utilisation and OOP spend, and mining for new business opportunities. The Account Director, Integrated candidate must be able to demonstrate integrated expertise within a cross-functional team and provide mentorship to their direct reports with enthusiasm and unwavering determination.
- You'll own our retained client relationships, lead active projects within Australia & Asia.
- Know your sh*t. Provide excellent account management skills, managing UEG APAC client management process end-to-end. From mentoring staff on best practices, to being a strategic sound board for clients, this role is perfect for an all-rounder looking to grow and expand their horizons and networks.
- Develops dynamic and innovative integrated programs for clients, involving multi-channel activation elements/promotion and driving strong, quantifiable KPI’s.
- Committed to building a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial and discipled. Brings clarity to chaos and can distil complex ideas simply.
- Brief in and collaborate with cross-disciplinary internal teams to answer client brief and deliver on program goals, meeting/exceeding approved KPI’s.
- Develop and execute project plans, monitoring and adhering to an agreed upon budget and timeline. Accountable for fulfillment of project deliverables across a client campaign/program from start to finish.
- Identify, secure and manage third party vendors and other production partners
- Liaise with Finance department to update program cash flow, flagging any issues, and manage internal PO process.
- Lead all post-program reporting and budget reconciliation efforts.
- Ability to work with global leads and leverage intelligence from our network, with flexibility to occasionally work outside business hours to accommodate international time zones/meetings & attend events.
- Possess a degree in communications, marketing or media studies or have equivalent experience either agency or client side.
- 7+ years' experience in an agency, client-side or start-up environment.
- Must have a passion for experiential/event marketing and pop-culture. Must be an arbiter of trends and how they shape consumer insights.
- A self-starter, superb ability to make campaigns happen, and an unswerving ability to turn ambitious deadlines into commercial reality.
- Wants to be part of the cultural landscape, obsessed with all thing's entertainment, sports and lifestyle, which are UEG key pillars.
- Have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of client, project and event management, pre-production, event and post-production experience is a plus.
- Assertive and proactive with strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact and influence employees at every level.
- Ability to be flexible and open-minded, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; exceptional written and oral skills and ability to work well under pressure.
If you’re looking for an opportunity that will put you at the forefront of culture; a role that gives you access to the world's most innovative and disruptive leaders; a role that plugs you into the who’s who of global talent across Entertainment, Fashion and Sports verticals; a role in an independent global Agency that offers the latest in training, flexible working conditions, opportunities to take part in events that move culture, then look no further, UEG can offer all the above and much, much more.
For those who have an entrepreneurial spirit, a go-get-’em attitude and want to change the world, please apply.
United Entertainment Group is a global entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing agency and part of the DJE Holdings network. UEG creates breakthrough marketing with the people, properties and platforms that shape culture, and has been recognized with industry awards including Cannes Lions, Clios, OneShow, Sabre Awards, Tellys, and more. UEG, founded in 2007, is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hamburg and Tokyo and works with FORTUNE 500 companies, celebrities, athletes and leading media properties. For more information visit http://www.uegworldwide.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
United Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.