Brand Lead, Middle East
Edelman – Brand /
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, Earned Media and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. You will be challenged to push convention and your creativity to find modern ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially charged, digital environment.
We are passionate, unconventional, and driven by a desire to do the best work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We are tough on work. We are kind to each other. We also laugh a lot ....
Edelman Brand business is on an exciting growth trajectory in the Middle East and as such we are looking for an ambitious, innovative, and adventurous leader to head our brand business across the region.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be expected to make a mark in the creative stakes as well as to spearhead innovations able to deliver sustainable growth and drive distinction for the business. You will also have the ability to present to and influence top tier clients, identifying key insights and new IP to achieve this – and have a successful track record of winning pitches, leading teams, and developing Brand campaigns.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be working in collaboration with a broad range of senior partners from client teams, practices and creative and digital services, you will take a lead in the following areas:
- Integrated marketing – Specifically having demonstrable global and UAE/KSA expertise in successfully harnessing the value of influence for world-famous brands, within the earned, paid and owned environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – Demonstrably embracing new innovations, technologies, and practices to deliver stand-out results.
- Brand strategy-development – Driving award-winning campaigns for large companies.
- Digital/social influencer strategy and programme execution – High quality oversight and impeccable client-servicing.
- Team leader – Experienced in working well in a highly matrixed organization.
- New business development – Leading teams to deliver success in this area.
- Global client management – Delivering success for brands with a global footprint.
- Deadline-Driven and goal-oriented – Working in a very fast-paced environment.
- You will be responsible for the upstream planning, strategy and programming for key accounts to yield innovative and award-winning campaigns that have global resonance, build equity and/or drive preference.
- You will also be able to master and represent well Edelman resources, IP and expertise to solve client brand challenges.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Develop a strategy to drive the next stage of growth.
- Development in brand strategy, marketing communications and consulting to provide a unique view or insight for our clients.
- Advise on client brand positioning, identity development, as well as brand architecture
- Create a team vision designed to find ways to evolve specialisms whilst encouraging career mobility.
- Deliver strategies to recruit and retain top talent in our key geographies in the region.
- Find ways to share best practice creative Brand communications.
- Innovation & Work
- Deliver game changing programmes and ideas for all clients, elevating Edelman’s creative achievements and reputation within the influencer space; recognised by winning high value awards e.g. Cannes Lions.
- Bring innovation and fresh thinking through specific briefs but also proactively against commercial priorities.
- Set and maintain a high standard for creative thinking and quality execution.
- Instill and drive a sense of progression and innovation through the wider teams, ensuring that the integrated Edelman team are advancing industry leading practice and new thinking.
- Business Development
- Deliver a client services strategy to forge close relationships with top tier clients through providing high-value strategic advice and to drive down over-servicing levels.
- Linked to this, deliver initiatives designed to improve profitability and staff utilisation levels across the practice.
- Using agency intelligence, create a dynamic stakeholder engagement plan at CEO and CMO level to identify new leads and convert prospects with a specific focus on elite tier clients
- Develop a highly effective pitch and win strategy, to deliver an 80% win rate.
- Deliver a programme of ‘front row’ IP and Brand initiatives capable of driving a new business strategy for the business.
- Develop an overall vision and strategy for Brand that integrates closely with our specialists, such as researchers, creatives, and strategists. For example, working with the planners, ensure insights and primary research data is the rich seam through our Brand programmes.
- Be a role model in fostering good team management and relationship-building skills.
- Help develop a top talent retention strategy and actively participate in attracting and reviewing new hires.
- Be responsible for finances, including accurate scoping, forecasting and capacity planning.
- Support and coach account leads in devising and managing projects.
- Ensure appropriate client authorisations are received prior to beginning the work.
- Understand different pricing structures and how they work (e.g., hourly versus retainer); drive advocacy for the best model per account.
- Make sure time, expenses and Purchase Orders are accurate and approved in a timely manner.
- Senior leadership
- Act as a Brand team champion within the broader Edelman senior management team to drive forward key initiatives, and work collaboratively at this level to deliver company priorities.
- Represent the Brand team and the company at key external marketing events, to support new business initiatives and to recruit top talent.
- Pioneer partner strategies – specifically amongst the media – in delivering key business objectives.
- Responsible for the career-pathing and team and line-management with the brand team.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to shape your future and work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the PR industry, who will nurture, challenge, and enable you.
- We offer hybrid work environment where you can work from home 2x in a week.
- Big potential for personal growth, training, and further development of skills
- A dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.