Senior Project Manager
Edelman – Project Management /
The Edelman Project Management team is passionate about finding smart ways to deliver great work. We sit at the center of our business, collaborating with best-in-class teams to ensure Edelman ideas make an impact in our clients’ real worlds. From cars to consumer goods, fashion and retail, financial service, food and beverage, luxury, technology or healthcare – we are fanatics about integrated project management that enables our creative, strategy and account teams to deliver smart and brilliant programming for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a process-oriented, go-getter who wants to become a key part of a forward-thinking, integrated team. We want passion and excitement. We want someone who is unafraid to ask questions, is willing to challenge the norm and is eager to be the best in the business. Our Senior Project Managers are fluent in PM fundamentals and best practices – they have the experience to lead the day-to-day work on integrated projects, the drive to ensure flawless execution, and the ability to influence teams to achieve great work within the boundaries of scope, time and budget.
About Your Day-to-Day:
- Demonstrate business acumen by producing top-down and bottom-up estimates, and leading definition of scopes and staff plans with account leads and specialty teams, utilizing appropriate tools.
- Lead the development and approval workflow of Statements of Work with Finance, Contracts and Account teams.
- Through the use of established project management tools, author and maintain project schedules, project briefs, cost estimates and project financial management (OOP & fee) and other relevant project documentation with input from cross-discipline teams.
- Own the delivery of a workstream within large, complex initiatives and/or own mid-size projects independently and with minimal oversight.
- Work with the Account and Specialty leads to resolve project-related issues, escalating project blockers and risk to the Project Director.
- Partner with Finance and Account teams to manage and communicate project burn, raise scope creep, share budget reporting, and participate in the monthly forecasting process.
- Participate in client discussions related to project plans and set expectations on due dates needed in order to meet project goals.
- Partner with Resource Management to establish staff plans, providing clarity that aligns specialty team needs with project future staffing requirements in order to identify the best talent for the work.
- Oversee, manage and communicate the status of integrated initiatives across multiple projects to ensure successful delivery against client assignment and scoped deliverables.
- Ensure the quality and consistency across all projects is consistent with brand guidelines.
- Begin management, leadership and effective communications trainings.
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times.
About Your Background:
- A 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
- 7 years of project management, integrated marketing/PR agency, or related experience
- Mastery of PM fundamentals and best practices; mid-level to large-level project delivery
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Smartsheet (or other similar project management tool) is required.
- A self-reliant multi-tasker, with the ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- A strategic mindset, with a knack for creative and head-on problem solving.
- A bias fractioned the ability to confidently lead projects and teams through ambiguity.
- A “get things done” and positive mentality.
- A passion for both the art and the science of problem solving.
- A strong and fearless communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, Earned Media and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We were awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. We were named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, we were among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Interested yet? Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information, and take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.