New Business Manager (12 Month Contract)
Edelman – Business Affairs /
Fixed Term Contract
As a PR Specialist focused on new business development, your primary responsibility will be to drive the acquisition of new clients and expand the client base for our PR agency in Africa. You will play a crucial role in generating leads, building relationships, developing, driving, and presenting proposals, and closing deals with potential clients. Your role will involve a combination of strategic planning, proactive outreach, networking, proposal development and persuasive communication.
- Identify and Prospect: Research and identify potential clients and industries that align with our PR agency's expertise and target market. Develop a comprehensive understanding of their business needs, objectives, and challenges.
- Lead Generation: Utilize various channels, including online research, networking events, referrals, and cold outreach, to generate a steady stream of qualified leads. Use your creativity to identify innovative ways to attract new clients.
- Relationship Building: Build and nurture strong relationships with potential clients through effective communication, regular follow-ups, and providing relevant insights and solutions tailored to their specific requirements. (Create manual CRM Program)
- Consultative Selling: Conduct thorough consultations and needs assessments with potential clients to understand their PR requirements and develop customized PR strategies that align with their business goals. Clearly articulate the value proposition of our agency and persuade clients to choose our services.
- Proposal Development: Prepare persuasive proposals, presentations, and pitch materials (capes decks, case studies, tender returnable etc) that highlight our agency's capabilities, showcase successful case studies, and demonstrate the impact our PR strategies can have on clients' businesses.
- Negotiation and Closing: Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms with potential clients to reach mutually beneficial agreements. Close deals and secure new business, meeting or exceeding set sales targets and revenue goals. (Commercial proposal development)
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal teams, including account managers, PR specialists, content creators, and creative teams, to ensure seamless onboarding of new clients and a smooth transition of responsibilities.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market changes, and competitive landscape to identify opportunities for business growth and maintain a competitive edge.
- Co-ordination with Marketing and Awards
- Lead Generation: Achieve a set number of qualified leads per month through various channels, such as networking events, referrals, and cold outreach.
- Conversion Rate: Maintain a high conversion rate by successfully converting a significant percentage of leads into paying clients.
- Revenue Generation: Meet or exceed assigned revenue targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- New Client Acquisition: Secure a predetermined number of new clients within a specified timeframe.
- Client Retention: Ensure a high client retention rate by delivering exceptional service and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- 15+ years proven experience in B2B business development/ sales – preferably in professional services in the African market.
- Strong understanding of public relations, marketing, and communications principles.
- Experience in or understanding of the PR/communications environment will be an advantage.
- Good Business Acumen and commercial experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with potential clients.
- Persuasive presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and target-driven mindset.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales tools.
- Knowledge of the African PR industry and the local business landscape is advantageous.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.