Edelman – Corporate /
About the Company
We are a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote, and protect their brands and reputations. We are independent and family owned, which allows us the freedom to deliver original thinking and invest in our clients.
In the UK, there are more than 600 employees based in our offices in Victoria. We create award-winning creative communication programmes for our clients who include Microsoft, Nissan, Disneyland Paris, FedEx, PayPal, Starbucks, Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
We have deep expertise and advise on consumer trends, research, analytics and insights, corporate reputation, health, technology, capital markets, crisis, energy, and government affairs.
About the Team
We are London’s leading Corporate Reputation team. We create commercial value by delivering campaigns and advisory work for companies and brands that operate in the full glare of the public spotlight and whose reputations shape their businesses.
We have deep industry expertise and advise on integrated media strategy, digital and content production, crisis planning & response, litigation & legal affairs, employee engagement & advocacy, research & analytics, capital markets and government affairs.
The team includes more than 80 consultants specialising in all areas of corporate reputation and includes former journalists, senior in-house practitioners, government advisors and industry specialists as well as dedicated sector experts.
We take pride in delivering exceptional work for our clients but, at our core, we are a non-hierarchical team who like to spend time together in and out of the office. We are relentlessly collaborative, and supported by leadership who champion and celebrate our collective achievements.
- Leadership of Corporate Reputation account teams, overseeing corporate reputation programmes, developing multi-market campaigns and thought leadership
- Identifying potential leads and areas of growth within existing clients as well as broader opportunities from a prospecting perspective
- Counselling clients confidently and maturely on communications marketing including PR, digital, social and content creation
- Overseeing client programmes and driving creative campaigns
- Drive sustainability-focused campaigns for multi-national organisations and act as a subject matter expert in this space
- Writing PR proposals and other strategic communications materials to grow existing accounts
- Leading new business pitches including developing RFI / RFP proposals and formal pitch meetings
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of accounts and managing teams, developing junior team members, and line management responsibilities
- Directing media engagement strategy for clients and coaching teams to activate and deliver coverage, leading from the front
- Full responsibility for overall financial management – forecasting, hours allocation for team members, project & plan budgeting, managing servicing levels.
- Support and develop Edelman’s IP and marketing initiatives, helping to develop our position in the market and maximising the role of the Edelman Trust Barometer for existing and potential clients
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- A background in corporate PR/reputation management for UK and international businesses
- An understanding of how Corporate Reputation intersects with other communications disciplines, including Public Affairs, Financial and Consumer
- Experience in handling complex client issues and an ability to provide senior clients with clear, confident, and well-informed strategic counsel under pressure
- In-depth understanding of sustainability, its importance to businesses and how they operate
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills, with an ability to deliver a project against budget and deliver results
- A track record of handling complex stakeholders with ability to influence decisions
- Capability to think and apply solutions quickly
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of international business media landscape and digital platforms with a network of contacts
- Experience of multi-market coordination, working within integrated teams and across practices
- Creative, ambitious, entrepreneurial with good initiative, strong organisation and attention to detail
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.