Public Relations Senior Account Manager - Jeddah based
Edelman – Corporate /
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive, and motivated individual with solid Corporate PR agency experience, able to lead day-to-day management of accounts. The Senior Account Manager role requires a candidate capable of driving every aspect of creating and implementing client communications programmes, developing and implementing media and stakeholder strategy, as well as assisting with overall financial management – forecasting, hours allocation for team members, project and plan budgeting, and managing service levels.
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence for junior members of teams, and providing close coaching and development. We are looking for someone who has the experience and gravitas to present confidently and expertly to clients, serving as the day-to-day contact where appropriate and providing counsel from an informed point of view.
- Serving as the daily client contact across accounts, earning the trust of senior stakeholders to deliver day to day work as well as providing proactive counsel on new approaches or ideas to meet clients’ broader objectives
- Developing and implementing media and stakeholder engagement strategies, demonstrating understanding of the UK and global media landscape
- Practical and solid understanding of the earned, owned, paid and social media space and how to incorporate these channels into client plans for holistic communications programmes
- Producing content, including op-eds written on behalf of high-profile individuals, press releases, social content, narrative and messaging documents, and PowerPoint presentations
- Playing a key role in the research, competitor analysis, planning and development of campaigns and driving these forward
- Overseeing quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence for junior members of teams, providing close coaching and development
- Financial management across accounts, including forecasting, budgeting, tracking, and acting upon over-service
- Excellent media handling skills, confident speaking to the media and able to provide informed counsel to clients when developing stories or handling complex issues
- Driving forward new business opportunities, from the research and planning phase to developing proposals and pitching to prospects
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- Desire to work as part of a large team in a busy, fast paced and highly motivated working environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to articulate point of view with confidence and gravitas
- Proven track record in prioritising workload as well as supporting junior team members
- Ability to balance ‘quick hits’ and longer-term strategy and understanding the difference
- Team player, collaborative, non-hierarchical
- Ability to manage both up and down and take overall responsibility of day to day client deliverables
- Experience of integrating with different practices / teams on cross-business work, ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people to meet client expectations
- Interest in current affairs, news, international business, and consumes media in all forms
- A creative problem solver
- A delivery-driven manager, with ability to take responsibility of tasks and accounts
- A desire to share previous expertise and experience to enhance work of the team
- Keen to carve out distinctive role and use own initiative to help the running of the team
- Entrepreneurial spirit - willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and make the most of opportunities
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.