Database Administrator - LATAM (Remote)
Sao Paulo (Remote) /
IT – Platform & Infrastructure /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
As our DBA (Database Administrator), you will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of our databases, planning and developing ways to improve them, as well as in troubleshooting cases.
What will I be doing?
- Interact daily with software engineers and participate in the systems operation process;
- Maintain AWS RDS/AURORA MySQL instances with high workloads and zero downtime;
- Write functions and procedures in SQL Language;
- Troubleshoot slow queries and possible performance issues / bottlenecks;
- Migrate databases between platforms and versions;
- Apply fixes, manage user access rights and privileges;
- Ensure data integrity and availability;
- Support BI, DW, Report and DataLake Teams optimizing queries and helping to define better strategies for data replication;
- Planning split of huge and monolithic database instances to lower, performatic and optimized ones;
- Proposing improvements on the most common aspects related to maintenance, usage and monitoring;
What skills do I need?
- Technical ones
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing MySQL database environments;
- Exceptional knowledge on AWS RDS/AURORA MySQL;
- Exceptional knowledge on MySQL RDBMs Architecture (versions 5.6, 5.7 and 8);
- Database Instance configuration, performance and tuning;
- Database objects optimization (table indexes, table statistics, table partitioning procedures and function revision/code);
- Deep SQL abilities (Query Optimization and proper indexing);
- Experience working with HA solutions supporting high transaction workloads (Multi- Primary. Primary-Replica, Cluster, etc);
- Clear understanding of database metrics and available monitoring tools on:
- AWS Cloud: AWS CloudWatch, RDS Performance Insights and Common Metrics on AWS Console;
- MySQL: information_schema, performance_schema, error logs, audit logs, slow query logs and general logs, show engine innodb status;
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors as well;
- DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE in NoSQL (DynamoDB and ElasticSearch);
- DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE (not obligatory) in MySQL Community related tools like:
- Percona TooKit
- MySQL Shell;
- DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE (not obligatory) in In-Memory databases;
- DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE (not obligatory) in other AWS products like:
- AWS Redshift;
- AWS Open Search
- AWS DMS (Database Migration Service);
- AWS CloudTrail;
- AWS Kinesis;
- AWS Backup;
- AWS Cloud Shell;
- AWS Service Catalog;
- Personal ones
- Proactivity to propose improvements on the team’s day-to-day and all current processes adopted;
- Ability to absorb new concepts and technologies, with an appetite for learning;
- Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change;
- Ability to influence peers and drive results through teamwork and collaboration;
- Willingness to be available 7x24x365 in case of a disaster;
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!