Legal Counsel - Kenya (Remote)
Nairobi (Remote) /
Legal – Legal /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
The position is for a commercial Legal Counsel who will work with the processor's team while also supporting the wider business in a range of commercial and legal matters. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, flexible self-starter with a global outlook and collaborative working style.
What will you be doing?
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice to Dlocal’s processor's team. This is a business-facing role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with regular exposure to senior stakeholders. The primary role responsibilities are:
- Drafting, analysis, and negotiation of commercial agreements, including processor agreements and amendments to these agreements, NDAs, novation agreements, and guarantees.
- Partnering with legal team members across our global organization and working with senior colleagues and functional leaders on a variety of strategic projects, regulatory issues, product development, business development opportunities, and legal department operational matters.
- Creating and advising on templates, policies, and procedures to address new requirements.
- Identifying productivity improvements and helping to drive and direct process changes to ensure continuing efficiency.
What skills do you need?
- Fluency in French and English is required including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Law degree from a top-tier university, specialization in business law, financial services regulation, or international law is a plus.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience with a major law firm and/or in-house experience in the Financial Services industry or M&A.
- General legal background and experience with common issues related to commercial, contractual, and corporate law.
- Knowledge and understanding of payments, financial services or fintech would be desirable.
- Experience with online businesses would also be advantageous.
- Ability to proactively identify relevant business and legal issues.
- Ability to apply the law to novel situations and to demonstrate the ability to find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to assimilate information quickly.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances and an aptitude for working effectively on international cross-functional teams and projects.
- An intelligent and enthusiastic self-starter content to work autonomously.
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in South America, Europe, the United States, Africa and Asia and accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!