Corporate Legal Counsel - APAC
Kuala Lumpur (Remote) /
Legal – Legal /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
The position is for a commercial legal counsel who will work with the corporate team while also supporting the wider business in a range of commercial and legal matters.
What will I be doing?
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice on corporate matters of the Group entities located around the world.
- This is a business-facing role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with regular exposure to senior stakeholders. The primary role responsibilities are:
- Drafting, analysis, and negotiation of commercial agreements, engagement letters, services agreements, NDAs, novation agreements, guarantees, loans, derivatives agreements, shareholders agreements, and any other document necessary to improve the operations of the Group entities.
- Partnering with legal team members across our global organization and working with senior colleagues and functional leaders on a variety of strategic projects, regulatory issues, product development, business development opportunities, and legal department operational matters.
- Creating and advising on templates, policies, and procedures to address new requirements.
- Drafting, reviewing, completing, and filing legal paperwork related to business operations.
What skills do I need?
- Post-qualification experience with a major law firm and/or in-house experience in the Financial Services industry or M&A.
- General legal background and experience with common issues related to commercial, contractual, and corporate law.
- Knowledge and understanding of payments, financial services, or fintech would be desirable.
- Fluency in English is required including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively identify relevant business and legal issues.
- Knowledge to apply the law to novel situations and to demonstrate the ability to find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to assimilate information quickly.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances and an aptitude for working effectively on international cross-functional teams and projects.
- An intelligent and enthusiastic self-starter content to work autonomously.
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in South America, Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia and accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!