Compliance Officer - Chile (Remote)
Santiago (Remote) /
Compliance – Compliance /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a compliance officer to join our global team. This role will play a crucial role in banking relationships as well as with internal reports. The person in this role will be formally appointed and registered as Compliance Officer of the local entity.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the repository of compliance obligations applicable to the company
- Assist the company in the application of these compliance obligations at the operational process level
- Contribute to the identification and management of non-compliance risks and monitor the implementation of compliance actions
- Provide advice on compliance matters
- Participate in the training and awareness of operational staff on compliance provisions
- Carry out the regulatory watch in the field of activities related to the Central Bank and other regulatory bodies
- Develop thematic compliance reports and contribute to periodic compliance reporting.
- Prepare the annual self-assessment report on the internal control system.
- Ensure that departments adhere to risk control and management practices and culture.
- Ensure the identification, evaluation, and updating of the risks inherent in the company's processes and ensure the collection of incidents and the follow-up of their resolution.
- Monitor the implementation of the recommendations of the internal control missions and ensure the implementation of the recommendations of the internal audit missions.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in AML, Transaction Monitoring, and KYC within a Fintech environment (approx. 4 years)
- Knowledge of the financial crime regulatory framework
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner and adjust quickly to changing priorities
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!