Software Engineering Leader - Back End
Montevideo (Remote) /
IT – Payins /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
As our Software Engineering Leader you'll be in charge of leading a software development team and the applications that team owns. Your team will build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be leading a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications with big customers like Netflix, Amazon, Nike, Facebook & more! The different members of the team will report directly to you and you will be involved in helping develop their careers within the company.
What will I be doing?
- You'll be responsible for week-to-week planning of your team and keeping each member accountable
- As a tech lead, part of your role is to be a people manager - It's vital you dedicate time to managing your team members
- You'll be expected to drive technical direction in projects and assure they meet scalability and robustness requirements
- You'll be hands-on on projects, getting deep into code and be looked upon as the senior authority in software development tasks, projects, etc
- You'll be responsible for hiring for your team
- You'll be responsible for communicating and planning between other teams
What skills do I need?
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Profound insight of Java
- Wide experience building scalable applications
- Experience leading remote development teams in the past - This could be at a job or working on an open-source project
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Enjoy writing documentation and understand why it's valuable
- A self starter - You can come up with ideas and implement them yourself
- Design and implementation of the overall architecture of your team’s applications
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience in working/designing microservices
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Written and spoken English
- Be a team player
- AWS knowledge
- NoSql knowledge is desirable
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!