Data Engineer LATAM (Remote)
Sao Paulo (Remote) /
IT – Payments Intelligence /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
We are searching for an accountable, multitalented Data Engineer to facilitate the operations of our Data Scientists. The Data Engineer will be responsible for employing machine learning techniques to create and sustain structures that allow for the analysis of data while remaining familiar with dominant programming and deployment strategies in the field. During various aspects of this process, you should collaborate with coworkers to ensure that your approach meets the needs of each project.
What will I be doing?
- Liaising with coworkers and clients to elucidate the requirements for each task.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed.
- Reformulating existing frameworks to optimize their functioning.
- Testing such structures to ensure that they are fit for use.
- Preparing raw data for manipulation by Data Scientists.
- Detecting and correcting errors in your work.
- Ensuring that your work remains backed up and readily accessible to relevant coworkers.
- Remaining up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your outputs
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor's degree in Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Master's degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, Software Developer, or similar.
- Expert proficiency in Python, C++, Java, R, and SQL.
- Familiarity with Hadoop or suitable equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A knack for independent and group work.
- Scrupulous approach to duties.
- Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!