Payments Partnership Manager
Cape Town (Remote) /
Operations – Partnership /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a talented Payments Partnership Manager, who is willing to gain a deep understanding of our technology and services and assist in the growth of our global operations. This role will assist and support the different Operations teams to continue improving the relationships with our acquirers, issuing banks, and card schemes.
Preferably based in South Africa or Nigeria.
What will I be doing?
- Contribute and expand the partnerships between dLocal, the acquirers, issuing banks, and card schemes all across African markets, by assisting with presentations or insights on issues/improvement areas identified.
- Active participation and support to get a challenging agenda with issuers.
- Analyse data frequently to detect improvement opportunities regarding cost, Approval Rates, Chargeback rates, and other relevant tasks.
- Investigate and bring business solutions or tools to improve our services and expand our business.
- Identify new partner/market features/capabilities that could be replicated across each other to boost approval rates or reduce fraud scheme friction.
- Track and measure the results of the actions taken together with third parties or as part of the squad's optimization.
- Work closely with the product, customer success, and technology teams to maximize dLocal's acceptance rate.
- Understand dLocal's operations to detect and prevent operational and system/technical problems and suggest operational improvements with strategic thinking.
What skills do I need?
- Over 3 years in experience in Fintech, Payments Industry, Banking, Financial Services, or similar industries.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build effective relationships with partners and work effectively with them.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and project management skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple activities and topics at the same time.
- Proactive and self-driven contributor able to propose and implement new processes by challenging the status quo.
- Experience working with issuing banks or acquirers is a plus.
- Advanced/Fluent English.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!