Sr Fraud Prevention Analyst
Montevideo (Hybrid) /
IT – Fraud Prevention /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
As part of the fraud prevention analysis team, you will work in the team that decides the fraud prevention strategy for each industry. The objective will be to optimize the decision of witch payments we have to reject and make decisions that continues to improve de user experience, keeping in mind the chargeback targets
What will you be doing?
- Identifying fraud patterns by continuous review of previous fraud and monitor current traffic to have an early warning in case of an attack
- Identifying potential suspicious behavior from our Merchants, and develop rules to prevent fraud attacks
- Monitoring and investigating transactions via internal and external fraud prevention systems
- Analyzing the risk associated with new customer business.
- Analyzing and determining the quality of information provided by customers
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, statistics, or related fields.
- + 2 years of experience in Analytics, Fraud experience is a plus
- Experience manipulating and exploring large databases, SQL is a must and other languages like Python are a plus.
- Strong Analytical Skills and passion for discovering new patterns.
- Have the ability to go to detail without losing the big picture
- Enthusiastic, Proactive, team player & problem solver.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!