FrontEnd Developer (Buyer Experience)
Montevideo (Remote) /
IT – Payins /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Senior Front End Developer you will build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, and be involved as technical reference of the team. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications with big customers like Netflix, Amazon, Nike, Facebook & more!
What will I be doing?
- Guarantee product quality and best practices as a technical referent of the team
- Coaching other team members and new hires
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Working with micro frontends
- Implementing security and data protection
- Working with UX and design professionals in the generation of new products and functionalities
What skills do I need?
- Strong proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Knowledge of frontend technologies, like React.js, Webpack, Redux, css modules, Jest
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Knowledge of Next.js or willing to learn is a plus
- Understanding on Server side and Client side rendering and their differences (SSR vs CSR)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently
- Be a team player
- NoSql knowledge is desirable
- AWS knowledge is a plus
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!