Country Manager - Vietnam
Hanoi (Remote) /
Expansion – Country Management /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
Lead dLocal’s strategy and partnerships in Vietnam in order to enable local payments processing for international merchants.
What will I be doing?
- Contacting potential partners -acquirers and banks-, building relationships with them.
- Negotiate and execute commercial partnerships and agreements.
- Work with internal teams on operations/ product/ technology road map and integration of partnerships.
- Analyzing performance results and optimize accordingly.
- Improve operational capabilities for the different payment methods.
- Stay on top of local regulatory/licensing requirements and how it impacts our business.
- Work closely with merchants and commercial team, focusing in the development of key products.
- Maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and industry events.
- Contact with local lawyers, accountants and tax experts in order to ensure the operation is running accordingly.
- Stay on top of local regulations and engage with regulators in case its necessary.
What skills do I need?
- Someone open to constant change in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, a self-starter, open to working across time zones with teams all over the world.
- Proven experience in payments or other financial systems in Asia.
- Proven success partnering and working cross-functionally to make things happen.
- Significant experience negotiating and executing contracts and agreements.
- Established relevant business network.
- Someone willing and able to take smart risks based on solid strategy and deep partnership understanding.
- Team player - can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Curious profile and positive attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of the market.
- Technical knowledge will be considered a plus.
- Commitment to compliance and understanding of the regulatory environment in Vietnam.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!