Regional Accountant - South Africa (Remote)
Cape Town (Remote) /
Finance – Accounting /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Regional Accountant based in South Africa to join the Regional Accounting team. We are a global, fast-moving payments technology company working tirelessly to bridge the gaps in emerging markets.
What will you be doing?
- Making reconciliations, account analysis, reporting, and control.
- Analyzing business processes.
- Creating requirements.
- Accounts payable, fixed assets, bank reconciliations, and expense and budget tracking for the region.
- Completing parent organization monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Attending auditor's requirements and providing supporting information for Tax presentations.
- Providing recommendations to management with a thorough analysis.
- Accounting registrations from a thorough analysis.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor of Accounting or similar field.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong experience in Accounting teams.
- Knowledge of Accounting imputations.
- Good communication skills.
- General understanding of US GAAP/IFRS.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Experience using ERPs, such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
- Ability to quickly prioritize in a constantly evolving environment.
- Familiarity with Group-level reporting packages.
- Experience with consolidations, subsidiaries, and international offices is a big plus.
- Spanish is a plus
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!