Sr. Software Engineer
Montevideo (Remote) /
IT – Core Products & Services /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
Whats the opportunity?
We are looking for a thoughtful, experienced Senior Java Developer to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate will join a team that takes full responsibility implementing new features, improving performance, and building robust solutions for our payments products.
What will I be doing?
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of software development experience using Java SE
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience working with: Spring, Maven, Java
- Knowledge of other language ecosystems, for example, Node/Express, GoLang/Gin.
- Experience using in production with relational databases (MySQL, AuroraDB, Postgresql, Oracle) and optimizing queries for performance.
- Experience using in production with non-relational databases (redis, DynamoDB, mongoDB)
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS (preferred) or GCP.
- Written and spoken English
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to quickly master new technologies
- Ability to work independently
- Be a team player
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!