Software Engineering Leader - LATAM (Remote)
Montevideo (Remote) /
IT – Payouts /
Why you should join dLocal?
dLocal enables the biggest companies in the world to collect payments in 37 countries in emerging markets. Global brands rely on us to increase conversion rates and simplify payment expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it possible for our merchants to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
By joining us you will be a part of an amazing global team who makes it all happen, in a flexible, dynamic culture with travel, health, and learning benefits, among others. Being a part of dLocal means working with 600+ teammates from 25+ different nationalities and developing an international career that impacts millions of people’s daily lives. We are builders, we never run from a challenge, we are customer-centric, and if this sounds like you, we know you will thrive in our team.
What’s the opportunity?
As our Software Engineering Leader you'll be in charge of leading a software development team and the applications that team owns. Your team will build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be leading a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications with big customers like Netflix, Amazon, Nike, Facebook & more! The different members of the team will report directly to you and you will be involved in helping develop their careers within the company.
What will I be doing?
- You'll be responsible for week-to-week planning of your team and keeping each member accountable.
- As a tech lead, part of your role is to be a people manager - It's vital you dedicate time to develop your team members.
- You'll be working with a variety of people, with deep knowledge in different technology stacks (frontend: js, react, nextJS, backend: java, golang), so you must be able to communicate with all of them regarding of your personal background, ensure they can work together to achieve goals, and understand their problems.
- You'll be owner for communicating and planning between other teams.
- You are going to define the capacity and for hiring for your team.
- You'll be expected to drive technical direction in projects and assure they meet scalability and robustness requirements, involving other stakeholders when needed.
What skills do I need?
- Experience building scalable applications.
- Experience with monitoring applications in production with telemetry tooling such as Newrelic, Datadog, Grafana + Prometheus, distributed logs such as ELK, etc.
- Be a team player, enjoy working with your own team and collaborating with other teams in the organization.
- People skills. Being fair and empathetic in performance management, calibration, career development and coaching.
- Can delegate effectively; ensuring tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Upper intermediate written and spoken English.
- Can participate and contribute to architecture decisions and designs.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- AWS knowledge is desirable.
What happens after you apply?
Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!