Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
DMAI is looking for a sharp, capable, driven team player, that has a passion for technology and education for a Tech Start-up company. Our team is looking for a candidate that is willing to learn, and at times go above-and-beyond the call of duty. Requires excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills. Will play a key role in supporting the Operations team in the office.
- Assist in the management of office equipment
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment
- Assist with maintaining office and food supplies
- Handling external and internal communications with vendors and suppliers
- Organizing, arranging and coordinating team meetings
- Clerical duties, such as scanning, mailing, and maintaining files
- Ensure timely payment of bills and other light bookkeeping
- Booking reservations for hotel and flight accommodations
- Assist in the process expense reports, check requests, and vendor billings
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information
- Special projects as assigned
- Flexible - able to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Work efficiently while multitasking
- Excellent follow-through and close attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Thorough and methodical approach to your work
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- A team player
- Accomplished computer skills, typing speed 60+ WPM
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Bilingual in Mandarin preferred
- 1+ year of office administrative experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance and on occasion repetitively
- Bachelor’s Degree required
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Hourly $18-$21,DOE. Operating hours Monday-Friday, 9am to 6pm, with occasional overtime.
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.