Software Engineer, iOS
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
You will be leading the development of an iOS build of our AI platform that powers our flagship educational products. The core AI system is written in C++ using the observer pattern. You will work closely with mobile developers, product managers, and AI software engineers.
- Pride in writing clean, reusable code in Swift, Objective C, and C++
- Written and shipped at least one iOS App to the App Store
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience in memory and performance profiling on iOS or other platforms
- Intuitive in troubleshooting and debugging a variety of software stacks
- Experience with deploying iOS apps to the app store and TestFlight is essential
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 2-5 years experience as an iOS developer role
- Experience and familiarity with the agile software development lifecycle and software release process
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Familiar with asynchronous programming with observable streams (e.g. ReactiveX)
- Familiar with Unity3D deployment to iOS
- Familiar with Android development
- Passionate about Artificial Intelligence and education
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefit
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.