Web/ UI/UX II
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a Web UI/UX II developer to work on projects in a fun but fast-paced environment. You will work closely with our creative team and engineers to conceptualize and design the website using assets from our content & editorial teams. You will be responsible for conducting user research, creating diagrams/wireframes, user flows, prototypes, as well as visual design comps for web, mobile and digital devices and design for the user.
The position will report to our VP of Engineering and UI/UX Design Lead. You will keep up with the best design practices, maintaining knowledge of competitive sites and ideas. Knowledge of layout and typography principles are essential. Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep up with multiple deadlines are required.
- Take product specs/requirements and turn them into pixel-perfect wireframes and functional designs that can be passed onto the engineering teams
- Think through the flows -- help our users navigate the site more easily
- Come up with UI and UX strategies based on our target goals
- Design user interface elements, interactions, mockups and prototypes that create effective product solutions
- Design a consistent UI language to orient users visually across the site experience from page to page, feature to feature
- Drive and document design standards and patterns across products
- Handle multiple projects and work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment, without sacrificing quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams at all levels of the company
- Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model, and provide technical advice wherever necessary
- Collaborate closely with members of the Content & Marketing teams to translate educational content requirements into elegant implementations
- Work with key product, marketing and technology stakeholders to create a consistent experience
- BA/BS degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- Ideally 2+ Years’ Experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Examples of Web or Application UI design works
- Web Front-End development knowledge for coding HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other 2D design tools
- Experience working with Sketch, Adobe XD, Origami or a similar industry-accepted tool for prototyping
- Ability to work well on a cross-functional design and engineering team as well as with external clients
- Web and Mobile Responsive Design experience
- Demonstrated experience in applying user-centered design methods
- Previous experience with children and/or educational digital product design
- Candidates Must Present A Portfolio Of UI/UX Work
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.