Chief Financial Officer - CFO Global
Los Angeles/ Guangzhou
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
The Chief Financial Officer position is A GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ROLE accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team WORLDWIDE
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, and tax departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
ESPECIALLY a Big-3 Audit Firm, such as DELOITTE
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission IN THE US AND/OR EQUIVALENTS IN EXCHANGES OUTSIDE THE US (if the company is publicly held)
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt financing and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Invest pension funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- The candidate Chief Financial Officer MUST have work experience in multinational corporations. Having experiences in AI or similar technology startup is a plus.
- MUST have a master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience and 7+ years of progressively responsible experience with a major company or division of a medium to large corporation. (Preferred MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations or equivalent international designations.)
- MUST have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese is REQUIRED.
- Extensive international travel (approximately 25% to 50% of the time) to company subsidiaries and for investor road shows is REQUIRED.
What We Offer
*Competitive Salary and Equity
*Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
*401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
*Dog Friendly Office
*Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
*A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.