Software Engineer, Dialogue System and HCI
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who you are:
Dialogue System and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) research engineer that pushes the leading edge in Dialogue/HCI research.
- Contribute research and prototype implementations for our next-generation Dialogue/HCI system
- Research and evaluate innovative and practical approaches to Dialogue System, Multimodal Interaction, and User Modeling
- Take results from development to production in collaboration with product engineers
- Build, improve and extend the features/capabilities of our Dialogue/HCI system
- M.S. or Ph.D. in NLP/Dialogue, Human-Computer Interaction, Intelligent Tutoring System or equivalent experience
- Strong capability in mathematical thinking and conducting applied research
- Proficient in algorithm design & implementation
- Solid background in Machine learning, especially Graphical Models
- Good understanding and experience in Reinforcement Learning
- Good knowledge in Dialogue System and/or Multimodal Interaction
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate within and between cross-functional teams
- Good software development skills
- Knowledge/Experience in Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Experiment Design & Data Analysis, Intelligent Tutoring System
- Publications in top-tier conferences/journals in related fields
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.