Project Coordinator - Bilingual
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
The Project Coordinator will assist project managers and teams in the coordination of resources, tasks, and information with the goal of getting projects completed on time, specifically coordinating between development teams in the US and China. You will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, and be competent in using G Suite applications including Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. You must have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Organize, attend, and participate in meetings
- Take meeting notes, break into doable actions, and track progress
- Translate documents (including design documentation and specifications) between English and Mandarin
- Act as the daily main point of contact between US and Chinese content development teams
- Communicate through a variety of means with team members in China ( WeChat, video conferencing, email, written documents )
- Organize and share files between both teams
- Facilitate conversations and discussions between English-speaking and Mandarin-speaking colleagues regarding UI/UX, goals, deadlines, content design, and other production-related questions
- Light research and competitive analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work with teams in different time zones
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in related major
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to synthesize information and discuss it with various team members in both English and Mandarin
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin ( Listening, Speaking, Writing, and Reading )
- 2-3 years of work experience in a high-paced production environment ( children’s software, mobile app development, web development, educational content, or animation )
- Ability to problem solve and ask questions to achieve goals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to self-audit
- Demonstrated comfort with large datasets requiring attention at the line level
- Any knowledge of early childhood education benchmarks is a plus
- Prior experience working on children’s educational products ( software, learning apps )
- Light Adobe production skills ( resizing, cropping, converting images )
- Light audio editing abilities in Audacity or Adobe Audition ( trimming audio, changing sample rates, etc )
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.