Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who you are:
Product Manager will have a big impact on the product line, and with a clear career progression path and opportunity to work across multiple product lines. You will also own the strategy behind the product along with the development to define, prioritize and build what matters. This position is to be expected to create plans strategically and tactically, closing the gap between different functions, like development, marketing, and product support.
What you’ll do:
-Oversees all aspects of the experience for our products and services
-Discovers product business opportunities enhancements that are valuable and feasible
-Collaborates with our Engineering leadership to align on the business roadmap and priorities, partner with stakeholders to develop product suite strategy and release plan
-Be able to evaluate the competitive landscape, identify customer needs and market requirements
-Able to break down the complex technical concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
-Define financial goals and evaluate the competitive market landscape
-Ownership of products across entire life-cycle
-Generate reports to measure performance and track KPIs
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Digital and/or user experience with strong working knowledge of Marketing and Technology
- Experience developing business cases and project plans
- BS or MS degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science or related major
- Ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance, and manage the work of diverse teams
- Ability to influence senior business leaders on strategic business matters
- Strong sense of urgency
- Superior communication skills
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, or willing to learn
- Knowledge in Cloud Computing and Services, or willing to learn
- Knowledge in Programming, or willing to learn
- Previous experience in educational industry
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.