Software Engineer, Logs and Data
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to take the lead in data collection and assist in data management as a member of DMAI’s data team.
- Work closely with product, and engineering team leads to understand NLP, CV, and Robotics applications to the final product and define success from the perspective of data.
- Collect quality data to accommodate the data requests placed by other engineering teams.
- Prepare and present data collection plans and updates to requester teams.
- Design and construct the data processing and analytics infrastructure necessary to perform advanced analytical research within the company.
- Coordinate Research Day and other research-related activities that are being routinely held in the company office.
- Facilitate and optimize the workflow of training data annotation.
- BA in related fields
- 5+ year experience of relevant experience
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- 2+ Big Data experience (Kafka, Kinesis, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, EMR, Spark, Presto, or Elasticsearch)
- Passion for education and working with children
- Creative problem solving skills
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Background knowledge in statistics and analytics
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.