Director of Product
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
This is a senior level product management position that requires a proven track record and at least 10 years of experience of developing, contract manufacturing and launching multiple products including hardware and software with interactive cutting edge technologies in the US and Global Markets both to Consumers and Businesses (including education and government).
The primary focus of this position is to strategize and execute the overall product pipeline alignment with the Company’s business plan. This role requires to collaborate with the Technical Product Manager(s) and Producer(s) to ensure the delivery of all the product lines so the Sales and Marketing team can effectively generate revenue and profit for the Company.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Define the Company’s overall product strategy embodied in a detailed product roadmap and timeline working closely with the Executives amongst cross-functional teams including but not limited to R&D, Engineering, Product/Content, Supply Chain/Operations and Sales/Marketing as well as between the US and overseas teams to maintain and ensure that the product milestones and deliverables meet company goals.
- Productize the Company’s Cognitive A.I. technology for Preschool and K-12 Education, Healthcare, and Corporations by developing applications for Mobile (iOS and Android), Browser, as well as standalone hardware products that are integrated with the Company’s system and platform. Manage the product life cycles and pricing strategies to maximize the value of the product portfolio and user base.
- Prototype technologies for market research. Explore features and user experiences that are innovative to solve pain points in the current education and healthcare systems. Conduct formal quarterly product line reviews with the Executives to maintain alignment between R&D and market opportunities. Evaluate pros and cons for features and functionalities based on customer needs and competitive research.
- Collaborate with operations. The Director of Product will also work with the Supply Chain manager and the overseas teams to optimize the cost of goods sold and operational efficiency. He/She will meet the Operations and Contract Manufacturing team regularly to ensure product quality and on-time delivery.
- Proven performance in fast-paced startup environment with a track record of delivering complex products within tight or even risky timeframes
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required
- Capable of communicating (written and oral) well with upper management and with cross-functional teams to manage timelines and expectations effectively
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in launching and managing the product lifecycle for connected consumer products with both hardware and software components
- Working knowledge of education markets and English learning products for preschool and K12 students
- Experience international traveling and working in to collaborate closely with subsidiaries and contracted manufacturers
- May be required to travel up to, but not limited to 50% of time
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefit
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.