Software Engineer, Deep Learning
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
You are a team player that is able not just to survive in a fast-paced startup environment but thrive. You’re able to execute tasks efficiently, communicate effectively, work independently, and own your work. You’re passionate about the potential for AI in education and want to lead the charge in building it.
We Are Seeking:
DMAI is looking for a full-time Deep Learning Research Engineer that has a rare combination of skills to push the leading edge in Deep learning research, and produce working systems that are demonstrably better than the existing state of the art. If you love the challenge of applying these skills to making education better around the world, we’d like to talk to you. Being able to apply latest deep learning architecture and research into production quality systems.
- Contribute research and prototype implementations for our next-generation Artificial Intelligence system
- Research and evaluate innovative approaches to deep learning problems
- Take results from development to production in collaboration with product engineers
- M.S. or Ph.D degree in Machine Learning, Signal Processing, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Academic or industry experience in deep learning models
- Experience with one or more neural network frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch, etc.
- Strong publication in top-tier conference or journal (e.g. ICML, ICLR, NIPS)
- Experience in computer vision/robotics
- Experience with algorithm optimization with GPU, multi-threading
- Able to deploy models in production using C++
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.