Software Engineer, Android
Los Angeles, CA /
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
You are a team player that is able not just to survive in a fast-paced startup environment but thrive. You’re able to execute tasks efficiently, communicate effectively, and own your work. You’re passionate about the potential for AI in education and want to lead the charge in building it. Finally, you’ve had ample experience as a software engineer and are eager to scale up our platform to thousands of users.
What You Will Do
- Take ownership of one Android project. Continue maintenance and building new features
- Write clean, robust, modularized code to build products and features
- Architect, design, implement new features, and improve existing features
- Create and maintain testing infrastructure for unit & automated testing
- 3+ years experience as an Android developer
- At least 1 non-trivial, mobile app in the Google Play Store
- Proficiency in both Java and Kotlin
- Experience with Android SDK and NDK development
- Experience with Cross-Platform mobile development (such as Flutter, React Native, etc)
- Expertise on common Android application architectures (such as MVP or MVVM), libraries and best practices
- Experience with Video Streaming and playback
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Expertise in testing, ranging from unit tests to automated UI testing
- Solid understanding of HTTP/REST web services. Familiar with backend system design
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Understanding of Backend technologies (such as: GCS, AWS, etc)
- iOS mobile development experience
- Unity mobile dev experience
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery (e.g. Jenkins)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefit
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.