Software Engineer, Internship 2020
Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who You Are:
You are a team player who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You’re able to execute tasks efficiently, communicate effectively, and own your work. You’re passionate about the potential for AI in education and want to lead the charge in building it. You are creative, passionate about products for children and want to create an interactive experience for children in education.
- Must be able to spend 10-12 weeks in Los Angeles, Spring 2020, or Summer 2020.
- Currently pursuing or enrolled in a full time degree program, major in Computer Science or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one high-level programming language and its framework , or experience with platform development using 2+ languages from C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Previous internships/related work experience a plus!
- Strong software fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, distributed infrastructure)
- Knowledge in machine learning and artificial intelligence, or willing to learn
What We Offer
- Office snacks and fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.