Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
Who you are:
You’ll be working closely with engineering teams to design the next generation of AI powered tools. Help guide what we build by deliberate design thinking in a fast-paced environment, enhancing your skills along the way.
What you’ll do:
You will be among the first design hires. As such, we will lean on your expertise and guidance as we brand our products with cohesive design. We will need you to jump right in, get to know the team, get a feel for our products, and deliver world class work. This position will have plenty of room for upward growth.
- Rapidly develop & prototype UX/UI concepts, workflows, and wireframes
- Proficiency with industry UI and UX tools, such as XD, Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, InVision, etc.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and critique respectfully
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a software team
- Familiar with agile/scrum software development lifecycle
- Ability to clearly communicate research and design ideas to rest of the team and upper management
- Excellent attention to detail and grammatical skills
- An understanding of UX best practices
- Documentation creation: Scenarios, Wireframes, Visual Design, low and high fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity
- Experience designing UI for internal tools used by programmers or technical users
- Familiar with A/B testing concepts, and ability to justify design decisions with principled methods
- You know when something needs to be one pixel to the left or a shade darker, and you follow through to make it right. You have a keen eye for iconography, typography, color, space
- Excited about working on cutting edge AI related projects with very little examples to compare against. Your bravery is much appreciated in this journey to revolutionize the way we think about and interact with AI systems
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.