Los Angeles, CA
What if Alexa, Siri or Watson were any good at holding conversations? What if that conversation can be used for improving a child’s educational development and help them do better in school? What if you had a hand in making that happen?
Who We Are:
DMAI is an early-stage startup committed to developing top-notch Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for education. As a team of UCLA and Harvard alumni including post-docs, PhDs, and undergrads, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are willing to develop creative solutions. At DMAI, you’ll work alongside a growing team of experienced researchers and accomplished entrepreneurs in Computer Vision, NLP, and unified AI.
Where We Are:
DMAI’s office is located in the heart of the Westwood Village area of Los Angeles. We are less than a mile away from UCLA and a short ride to Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and the Los Angeles Airport. Westwood Village provides all the best that LA has to offer in a relaxed, neighborhood atmosphere.
DMAI is looking for a full time IT Specialist to assist our fast growing team. You are ready to help at a moment’s notice and can solve problems creatively and efficiently. You are an IT whiz that is excited about bringing your experience to a fast-paced startup. You recognize the importance of your role in running operations smoothly and will take on a variety of responsibilities to ensure that happens.
- Maintain tech inventory, from hardware assets to software licenses;
- Coordinate tech packages for new employees (computers, software setup, etc.);
- Oversee conference room management and presentation preparation;
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and mitigate hardware, connection, printer and software issues;
- Support purchase orders by researching product options, requesting bids, creating purchase requisitions, and working with vendors;
- Manage users, permissions, and email system;
- Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Prior IT experience (5+ years of prior IT experience preferred)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience installing and troubleshooting one or more Linux distributions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Google Suite user management
- Prior hardware troubleshooting experience
- Proven history of excellent attendance and reliability
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA Option
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- Office Snacks, Drinks and Fruit
- A team culture that celebrates each member’s contribution!
You Should Know:
DMAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DMAI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DMAI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.