DNA Genotek – Product Management /
DNA Genotek, a part of the OraSure family of companies, develops products that optimize ease of collection and provide superior samples. DNA provides proven performance for those requiring high-quality biological samples for nucleic acid testing. Our ability to positively affect change is powered by the innovative tools, services and diagnostics we deliver to the market.
Together with its wholly owned subsidiaries, DNA Genotek, Diversigen, and Novosanis, the OraSure family of companies provides its customers with end-to-end solutions that encompass tools, services and diagnostics. Our 800+ colleagues play a role in empowering people to discover healthier lives by creating effortless tests, collection kits, and services.
It’s first-to-market, innovative products include rapid tests for the detection of antibodies to HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) on the OraQuick® platform; sample self-collection and stabilization products for molecular applications; and oral fluid laboratory tests for detecting various drugs of abuse.
DNA Genotek products are marketed worldwide and support thousands of customers as they achieve breakthroughs in genomic and microbiome research, in diagnostics laboratories, in the pharmaceutical industry, in companion animal genomics and in personalized medicine.
The Product Manager is responsible for the successful planning, definition, introduction and on-going support of assigned products or services. They will lead cross-functional teams to develop new products or services, drive the execution of strategy, and develop the market and positioning as well as the commercial success of their defined portfolio. The Product Manager will also identify and develop new market opportunities, develop business cases for investment and support the global roadmap.
We invite you to read through the below and submit your application to us. A member of our team will review it, and if you are selected you will be contacted for interview. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond to those not selected for interview as quickly as we would like. If you do not hear from us regarding this role, but see other opportunities in the future you are interested in applying for, we will welcome your application then too.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Provide input, as the voice of customer, through various stages of product definition, prototyping and development, working with cross--business stakeholders and providing clear direction to the product steering group
- Manage cross-functional core teams for product development projects, working closely with the Project Management Office on developing schedules & tracking deliverables through entire NPI process
- Gather and evaluate customer input, prepare and verify requirements including validation criteria, advise development teams, and -promote and champion products internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps, including variety and timing of new product launches.
- Be the expert that will have thorough understanding of products/services in order to help manage customer inquiries and complaints.
- Serve as the champion of the assigned portfolio, ensuring performance meets expectations and explore ways for continuous improvement and market adoption
- Monitor success of assigned portfolio in market by:
- Conducting win/loss interviews and providing feedback to cross-functional product team when improvements are required to either the product, process or the customer interaction.
- Conducting a routine financial health assessment of products under your responsibility including order intake and revenue analysis by segment and territory.
- Manage discontinuance strategies as needed.
- Work with Marketing & Sales teams to develop and maintain portfolio brand and ensure integrity of brand look, feel and messaging
- Ensure success of conferences by working with sales and marketing colleagues to develop conference experience
- Work with Product Management team to train sales force on a quarterly basis regarding new product introductions, new messaging, and new segments
- Work with Sales team on key accounts as needed to ensure successful sale and ultimate customer satisfaction
- Perform/participate in market research activities such as focus groups, customer interviews, trade shows and professional meetings.
- Stay current on relevant literature, posters and presentations, incorporate content into actionable information within the organization, and develop into collateral.
- Market research to identify and quantify product opportunities assessing/determining:
- Total addressable market.
- Competitive landscape and pricing implications.
- Revenue and gross margin predictions.
- Develop new segments for sales to target including development of requisite messaging, collateral, targets and expected revenues.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with key customers and key opinion leaders within public health, healthcare and diagnostics industries to identify new opportunities and drive awareness and revenue.
- Develop and present business cases for investment into new products and markets.
- Other duties deemed appropriate for a Product Manager
Product Life Cycle
Sales & Marketing
Strategy & New Opportunities
What You Bring:
- 3+ years experience in product management, preferably in the life sciences industry, with a track record of bringing new products to market and capitalizing on opportunities within existing markets.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent combination of relevant job experience and training, in a relevant technical/scientific field.
- Prior product management experience in medical devices industry and experience in infectious disease diagnostic markets is highly desirable.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams to develop new products within a highly regulated industry.
- Experience working directly with a sales team to set and meet sales targets.
- Experience preparing and presenting business cases to management.
- Project management experience is highly desirable.
- Understanding and managing skills for the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to release and maintenance.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
The OraSure family of companies encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, candidates from the Black, LGBTQ2S+, or racialized communities.
What we have to offer:
- Highly competitive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents
- Disability and Life Insurance Benefits
- RRSP plan with company-matching contributions
- Generous paid time-off, including vacation days, sick days, additional company wide paid days offand personal days
- Maternity Leave and Parental Leave Coverage
- Adoption benefit for parents adopting a child
- Employee Referral Program– you may be eligible for a cash bonus if your referrals are hired
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Service Recognition
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement
- Job-related Training Programs
- Ability to participate in Teams, Committees, Events and Clubs
- Depending on the role you may be eligible to work in a hybrid environment or fully remotely
- Free Onsite Parking
Culture, People & Community
The OraSure family of companies recognizes that the long-term health of our business is directly connected to the health of the planet, local communities and OraSure employees. As such, we have committees designed to address this, including:
- LIVE IT Committee – committed to creating an environment that embodies our values
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council hosts various events across all company locations such as monthly book club and a mentorship program
- Wellness Committee empowers colleagues to make critical decisions to improve and protect health
- Sustainability Committee aims to minimize impact on the environment
- Social Committee who organize and run events for both remote and onsite employees, to create connection and community
At DNA Genotek, we have a clear vision; cultivate an environment of equal employment opportunity where we do not tolerate discrimination or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and record of offences (in employment), or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices.
The OraSure family of companies aims to create and foster workplaces that reflects and contributes to the global communities in which we do business and the customers and partners we serve. This includes all communities impacted by our corporate presence. As part of this commitment, OraSure and its subsidiaries will ensure employees and applicants are provided reasonable accommodation per request. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Lauren Wildfang at firstname.lastname@example.org. The OraSure family of companies will consult with all applicants who request disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.