Senior Marketing Manager, Diagnostics
Remote, USA /
OraSure Technologies – Product Office - Downstream Marketing /
The OraSure family of companies empowers the global community to improve health and wellness by providing access to accurate, essential information. Our ability to positively affect change is powered by the innovative tools, services and diagnostics we deliver to the market.
Together with its wholly owned subsidiaries, DNA Genotek, Diversigen, and Novosanis, the OraSure family of companies provides its customers with end-to-end solutions that encompass tools, services, and diagnostics. Our 800+ colleagues play a role in empowering people to discover healthier lives by creating effortless tests, collection kits, and services.
It’s first-to-market, innovative products include rapid tests for the detection of antibodies to HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) on the OraQuick® platform; sample self-collection and stabilization products for molecular applications; and oral fluid laboratory tests for detecting various drugs of abuse.
Here at the OraSure family of companies our innovative sampling tools, services and diagnostics unlock access to accurate, essential information that advances global health and well-being. Our products include molecular sampling kits for the genome and microbiome, cutting-edge services and analytics, rapid diagnostics for infectious disease, and tests for substance abuse.
The Senior Marketing Manager leads a team of commercial marketing personnel, defines and leads marketing plans, and applies knowledge, expertise and experience to develop strategic plans and annual programming within the assigned portfolio. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for setting the strategy around the business including short term marketing programs and, working with Product Management on longer-term areas of focus including new products, new markets and use cases for targeting. The Senior Marketing Manager is viewed as an expert on their assigned market and will bring that perspective to the development of education, promotion and distribution strategies. They lead the development of the differentiated value proposition for the product/segments, and all marketing communications, including target audience and message hierarchy while ensuring that messaging is aligned to the equity of our brands and the strategic vision of the overall company. They turn insights and benefits into meaningful, engaging content to drive interest and demand. Having a strong awareness of product features and benefits and a keen understanding of market needs is critical to this role.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, execution, and outcome assessment of annual Marketing plans and the oversight/ownership of the execution of those plans, working with colleagues from Channel Marketing, Customer Experience, Research & Development, Product Management, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and other functional leaders as required. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for budget development and ongoing management in accordance with the annual marketing plan.
The Senior Marketing Manager will determine the appropriate mediums for programs and messages and execute timely delivery of all projects and programs. They work on multiple projects ranging from short communications to complex projects and integrated multi-omic communication plans designed to focus on specific target markets. This role is also responsible for monitoring metrics of tactic effectiveness and recommending / executing any necessary alterations.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Provide assigned Marketing Managers direction and insights related to corporate strategy for designated area.
- Develop and recruit a strong team of marketing managers who are experts in their respective markets. Ensure ongoing development plans and market exposure for the team.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to uncover insights, threats and opportunities to drive marketing direction.
- Maintain current understanding of global industry to determine shifts in the market and perceptions of our products and competitive landscape.
- Conduct market research as needed to stay current.
- Identify new prospects and new market opportunities by researching industry trends and positioning against new market competitors.
- Create programs to drive demand for products within portfolio.
- Build and maintain strong connection with Sales for market segment; provide insight into market opportunities, competitive threats, and incorporate feedback and voice of customer into marketing strategies.
- Develop sales tools and positioning by market (e.g. competitive positioning, values and benefits statements).
- Provide feedback into product management and collaborate to create, launch and track performance of product offerings in our markets.
- Work with Product Management and the Sales teams to identify targeted marketing plans that promote the portfolio in conjunction with other product & services strategies.
- Drive campaign management for client acquisition programs across multiple channels.
- Work with teams to create content for marketing collateral and other market specific sales support materials (web content, data sheets, FAQ, qualifying tools, RFP responses, advertorials, blog, content nurture campaign content, webinars, etc) and manage the workflow through concept to regulatory approval.
- Execute and manage marketing plans on time and within budget.
- Apply strong analytical skills and thoroughness to track and report on sales and marketing programs. Utilize metrics to track performance and identify areas to improve effectiveness of future initiatives.
- Communicate with Business Unit and corporate management; advise management of identified opportunities or problems as they occur and their potential impact on corporate objectives.
- Travel as required for industry and partner meetings.
What You Bring:
- 7+ years related work experience in a marketing or product marketing role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or the Sciences, or College diploma in Marketing. Advanced degree in Sciences is preferred.
- MBA considered an asset.
- Equivalent job experience in the multi-omic, genomics, next generation sequencing, or microbiome fields will be considered.
- Experience in the diagnostics, multi-omic, genomics, next generation sequencing, device, or microbiome fields.
- Experience developing and executing annual marketing and/or strategic plans.
- Experience drafting creative briefs anchored in insight with clear and focused articulation of positioning and benefits.
- Experience developing differentiated value propositions and message hierarchy based on target personas, risks and evidence to support
- Experience managing a marketing team.
- Superior communication skills, including listening, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly and convincingly present and position ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute marketing messaging and strategies, with a background in lead generation to drive sales pipeline and revenue.
- Ability to write business-oriented, tactical communication plans and materials for a scientific audience.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Proven ability to meet urgent deadlines.
- P&L management experience an asset.
- Experience working in a matrix environment an asset.
- Advanced computer literacy skills particularly with MS Office and online applications. Experience with MS CRM is desirable.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
The OraSure family of companies encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, candidates from the Black, LGBTQ2S+, or racialized communities.
What we offer:
- Tiered Medical PPO, EPO, Vision and Dental coverage
- Disability and Life Insurance Benefits
- Generous 401K plan and company-matching contributions
- Highly competitive paid time-off
- Maternity Leave and Parental Leave Coverage
- Employee Referral Program – you may be eligible for a cash bonus if your referrals are hired
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Service Recognition
- Job-related Training Programs
- Ability to participate in Teams, Committees, Events and Clubs
- Depending on the role you may be eligible to work in a hybrid environment or fully remotely
- Free Onsite Parking
Culture, People & Community
The OraSure family of companies recognizes that the long-term health of our business is directly connected to the health of the planet, local communities and the OraSure family of companies employees.
- LIVE IT Committee – committed to creating an environment that embodies our values
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council hosts various events across all company locations such as monthly book club and mentorship program
- Wellness Committee empowers colleagues to make critical decisions to improve and protect health
- Sustainability Committee aims to minimize impact on the environment
- Social Committee who organize and run events for both remote and onsite employees, to create connection and community
At the OraSure family of companies, we have a clear vision; cultivate an environment of equal employment opportunity where we do not tolerate discrimination or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices.
The OraSure family of companies aims to create and foster workplaces that reflects and contributes to the global communities in which we do business and the customers and partners we serve. This includes all communities impacted by our corporate presence. As part of this commitment, the OraSure family of companies and its subsidiaries will ensure employees and applicants are provided reasonable accommodation per request. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Lauren Wildfang at email@example.com. The OraSure family of companies will consult with all applicants who request disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.