Chief Architect (R-15284)
Jacksonville - Florida - United States
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
We are looking for a Chief Architect to join our team and lead Cloud Enablement and Engineering practices focused on delivering the centralized platforms and IaC for our GCP-based cloud architecture. Your work will be vital to solidifying Dun & Bradstreet’s cloud presence as a critical driver of our cloud tooling and migration initiatives, coordinating the delivery of reusable services to be leveraged by our global platforms.
The Chief Architect will collaborate with the various development and engineering teams to create reference architectures, enterprise standards, and reusable content to aid in the deployment of services and solutions supporting Dun & Bradstreet’s cloud-based solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams, demonstrate strong leadership abilities and have the desire to be part of a fast-moving company where you’ll have the opportunity guide the development of our portfolio of solutions.
- Lead and drive delivery of the centralized solutions for the most critical and strategic solutions in the firm, providing reference architectures and baseline implementations where appropriate.
- Develop and evangelize standards, guardrails, and implementation architectures for re-use across the enterprise.
- Provide leadership and guidance on implementing secure abstraction-layer and Infrastructure-As-Code solutions that enable the development and SRE teams to rapidly deploy solutions in the cloud.
- Create, plan and communicate roadmaps with management, stakeholders and the team.
- Act as a consultant to development groups to modernize existing business apps and to facilitate solutions to meet business requirements, including working with AI driven solutions.
- Mentor Engineers & Architects and works closely with the business partners to ensure that the solutions planned will meet the business objectives.
- Partner with Cyber Security and Risk groups to evaluate and interpret security policies. Design and Implement guardrails, controls and standards that support security policies to mitigate risks.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability succeed in a matrixed organization, and in a high energy, time bounded environment.
- Excellent presentation, analytical and organizational skills, and experience presenting to executive management.
- Self-starter - critical thinker who can prioritize multiple initiatives. Must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics
- Performance Intelligence – Know and understand the specific environment and the challenges faced in the role. Perform consistently at the highest level and utilize personal strengths, identify and use best practices.
- Articulate – Communicate with appropriate levels of team members in an engaging and receiver friendly way in order to influence and achieve the desired outcome utilizing written, spoken and presentation skills as needed.
- Customer Focused – Understand both the needs of the customer and how to help achieve them. Demonstrate in all activities that you are looking at the situation though the eyes of the customer.
- Agile – Demonstrate the flexibility and dexterity of thought to shift attention and transition effectively from task to task keeping yourself organized. Reassess situations rapidly and change course as the situation requires, coping well when under pressure.
- Adaptable – Apply strengths and talents to a range of tasks or challenges making them look easy. Effortlessly tackle whatever is thrown at you.
- Innovative – Comfortable with questioning conventional thinking even if that challenges the status quo. Create and generate alternatives and be willing to try out new skills and ideas by learning from mistakes. Be proactive.
- Engaged – Confident to meet challenges, motivated with a positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook. Autonomous to the right degree to be in control of work. A real player in the team who collaborates to deliver on shared goals
- 15 years of technology experience, with 5 or more years of experience as a Cloud Architect.
- Google Cloud Platform Advanced Certification, Professional Cloud Architect, or similar.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field .
- Deep knowledge of programming knowledge like Java, PHP, Python, etc…
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Architect or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate design patterns, cloud challenges and solutions to management and other IT development and security partners.
- Relevant experience in migrating applications from other platforms to Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage and deploy Google Cloud Platform data solutions including Big Data, big query, cloud SQL.
- Experience in design and development of large scale data solutions using Google Cloud Platform services like cloud build, container registry, artifact registry, cloud composer, cloud storage, cloud functions, cloud run, cloud firestone, cloud pub sub, cloud sql, big query.
- Understanding of design patterns and implementation using CI CD tool like Cloud build.
- Understanding of IAM permission and resource hierarchy in Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in DevOps, DevSecOps Frameworks.
- Experience with Terraform Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, orchestration.
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.