Senior Application Operations Engineer
Solna - Sweden /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Application Operations is part of International Technology. The team is a third level expert technical operations team with a focus in supporting our point of arrival products ensuring long term stability for our customers.
The team also supports the organization with technical expertise in prioritized projects and collaborates across the organisation with second-line support, development, infrastructure, cloud, network teams and the incident managers.
Right now, we are looking for new employees to strengthen our team to continue providing excellent operations support for our products and services.
Your passion: We believe that you constantly strive evolving, hungry to learn new solutions and technologies and you can understand the bigger picture. You're also passionate about troubleshooting and security.
- Build broad and deep knowledge of our strategic cloud platforms
- Proactive monitoring of health and trends of services and components
- Provide technical expertise to support, and resolve major incidents
- Follow up on root cause and learn how to prevent incidents from reoccurring
- Be part of the 3rd level 24/7 support teams
- Minor maintenance, automation and security improvements
- Ability to participate in OnCall shifts
- Technical support expertise of various projects across all environments
Required skills & experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Linux system administration (5 years +)
- Wizard level on trouble-shooting incidents in large and complex environments
- Scripting skills: Bash, PowerShell or similar
- Knowledge of monitoring services, applications, SOAP/REST API’s, data flows and OS metrics.
- Understanding the fundamentals of databases, network connections TCP and TLS
- Understand the fundamentals of Git/Dev/SecOp, build pipelines. Kubernetes, docker, cloud, infrastructure as code
- Example of tools in the tool-box: linux shell, ansible, bash, git, selenium, splunk APM and synthetics
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience of monitoring external services/applications, SOAP requests/REST API’s
- Understanding the fundamentals of database MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Nginx, apache, tomcat, jboss
- Knowledge to trouble shoot TCP and TLS connections
- Experience with Terraform and Infrastructure as code is a plus
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.