Vice President, Platforms - International
London - England /
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
About the role
Reporting to the International Development Lead, the VP of Platforms will be responsible for the ownership and delivery of a number of key programmes that will modernize our European Local Markets. D&B Europe has investment and local systems within ten European countries which need to be maintained, supported and evolved. The strategic direction for D&B is to align onto the Global Product set & platforms to meet the needs of these local markets. For International this will require a comprehensive programme to modernize each Local Market, establishing a core set of foundational platforms that are consistent across all of them and migrating from the current systems to the target. This is a critical, post-acquisition project for Dun & Bradstreet’s recently expanded European business and will be integral to our growth strategy. The post holder will be expected to provide strategic domain management and programme management at a senior level with reporting into the executive team of both the Business and Technology functions
The outcome of this will be to have transitioned D&B International from a grouping of independent local markets and into a single set of business capabilities, underpinned by core platforms, products and processes. There will be a number of challenges as part of this as this role both technology and business. As such you will be the decision maker, defining the vision and operating model and driving the Programme to achieve those aims. required to build the vision and lead the team defining and transitioning each of these markets. This will mean that the Technology platforms will need to be identified, migration approaches built up, business processes standardized along with delivery management of the programmes.
This role is fundamental as it will be responsible for defining the target E2E set of platforms and business process. It will require a strong mix of leadership skills with technical knowledge being required to drive the right target architectures, develop innovative approaches to migrate customers seamlessly, business skills to understand how the separate businesses operate and can coalesce. Stakeholder skills to bring a diverse set of groups together and strong programme management skills to deliver a programme of this size.
This role will ultimately be accountable for all aspects of defining and transitioning to the future state for D&B International. Delivering on those technical commitments to meet our commercial objectives and responsible for keeping the Technology C Suite, International Leadership Team and other stakeholders updated on progress.
- Overall E2E project management responsibility for the delivery of the modernisation of the European Local Market platforms
- Working in partnership with the Technology Project Leads, define, track and manage these projects to ensure delivery to budget and committed timelines
- Develop the strategy and process for transitioning off Local Market platforms and systems and onto Global systems.
- Develop the vendor and location strategies for the domain, looking to utlise Technology centers in addition to the local market resource
- Own the engagement with the Local teams to document and report on the migration opportunities along with the associated cost benefits
- Ensuring SLAs, metrics and continuous improvement measures are in place and can be demonstrated.
- Manage a significant project budget, understanding, challenging and proactively managing their cost and time position to mitigate potential delays and identify efficiencies
- Identify any dependencies, risks and issues and ensure mitigation plans in place
- Work closely with regional representatives from multiple global teams to ensure an effective cross-functional approach
- Act as pivotal connection between the Technology delivery team and the commercial business to ensure requirements and timelines are understood and aligned
- Coach, develop and challenge the project team (direct reports or otherwise) to a successful implementation
- Effectively communicate timely and relevant updates to multiple stakeholder groups including International Technology and the European Leadership Team
- Proven track record (10+ years) of leading a major Technology programme across multiple countries as a senior project director or lead preferably within a large organisation
- Strong programme management and organizational skills with experience of managing complex projects and performance management of suppliers
- Strong Technology background – knowledge of agile delivery practices, large scale data platforms (GCP,AWS) and Java
- Excellent communication skills as reporting into the D&B Executive team will be required.
- Ability to define and implement KPI’s around quality, efficiency and delivery for large distributed scrum teams.
- Exceptional multi-tasker, strategic and tactical thinker
- Ability to prioritise and adapt while maintaining the highest attention to detail
- Able to shape, lead and control the delivery of complex, cross-functional projects, including optimization of resources and delivery to challenging timescales
- Relationship management, able to build and maintain effective working relationships and work collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues
- Understanding of relevant data legislation and privacy compliance across Europe
- 10+ years of experience of Leadership experience relating to critical Domains or Programmes
- Extensive programme management skills with a focus on business-centric projects
- Ability to develop governance methodologies as an integral part of successful programme execution,
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of leaders, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrable skills in presenting information effectively and delivering effective reporting mechanisms
- Able to produce high quality, effective and thorough documentation
- Able to manage and prioritise competing requirements
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.