Google Cloud Security Engineer (R-15124)
Austin (Hybrid) - Texas - United States
Employee: Full Time
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
As the GCP Security Engineer at Dun and Bradstreet, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the security and compliance of our cloud-based infrastructure, with a specific focus on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining security measures to protect our cloud assets and data while working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a secure cloud environment.
- Leverage your deep knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to assess and enhance the security posture of our cloud infrastructure.
- Implement and configure GCP security services, including Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security Command Center, VPC Service Controls, and more.
- Stay up to date with GCP security best practices and recommend improvements to keep our environment secure.
- Utilize Terraform to automate the provisioning and management of cloud resources while adhering to security standards.
- Collaborate with DevOps and engineering teams to ensure infrastructure code is secure by design.
- Develop and maintain security monitoring solutions to detect and respond to security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining regulatory compliance (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, SOC 2) by implementing necessary security controls and documentation.
- Mentor and train team members on cloud security best practices.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Security, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience & Understanding as a Cloud Security Engineer (cloud security principles, best practices, and compliance frameworks), with a strong emphasis on GCP and Terraform.
- Track record of developing IAC code using Terraform.
- GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer certification is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with security tools and technologies (e.g., SIEM, IDS/IPS, DLP).
- Proficiency in scripting and automation (Python, Bash, etc.). How much scripting and will they be doing?
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and in a team.
Benefits We Offer
· Generous paid time off in your first year, increasing with tenure.
· Up to 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave after one year of employment.
· Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
· Education assistance and extensive training resources.
· Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
· Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
· Health & wellness benefits, including discounted Gympass membership rates.
· Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
· Learn more about our benefits: http://bit.ly/41Yyc3d.
All Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://www.dnb.com/about-us/careers-and-people/joblistings.html. Official communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.